new old guy with 2010 t-dub
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wrango

Thread: new old guy with 2010 t-dub

new old guy with 2010 t-dub

hello all, finally got my t,dub after looking awhile. found a 2010 with 1083 miles for $2900. seller was 72 yrs old and just couldn't ride . said he rode bikes all his life. this bike is showroom condition and the only problem with it is I can't find neutral after a ride when the bike is good and warm. when it is on the cold side all it takes a slight toe to get it, but when it is hot I cannot find. still waiting on a manual for this bike, but thought I'd throw it out to the dubs. Is it a clutch cable adjustment? Anyway, this is an awesome site I will now call home.
    sp_cache likes this.

Wrango,

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you got a good deal.

You can access manuals online here: Service and Repair Manuals

Welcome Wrango!

If you click on Forum, then Technical Help, then Technical write-up's, and scroll down, you will find the Service and Repair manuals. You can download the owners manual as well as the shop manual which are very helpful to have. Sounds like you found a pretty nice deal. You're going to love having a TW! Do you have a little free play up at the clutch lever? Also, check your oil level window and make sure the oil is in between the marks. Sometimes when they want their oil changed, they get fussy and more difficult to shift. Maybe a fresh oil change would help, unless the previous owner had it done recently. Back in 87 when technology wasn't as good as it is today, trannies were a little harder to shift. The TW is one of these. Great bikes, but older technology. You will get used to it soon, it's the nature of the little bike.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on your TW!

I have the same issue with my 2008. Neutral is impossible when running. If I shut it off is goes right in. My oil was just changed. I'm going with synthetic on the next change its got 4000 miles on it, so it broken in.
    2008 TW200
    2013 Zuma 125

i put mobil 1 synthetic 4t in mine and it made a difference. it's still hard to find occasionally, but much better.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I had the same problem with my 2010 XT250, changed to full synthetic shifted much smoother could find neutral and my right leg was much cooler.

Sponosred Links