New 2010 TW 200
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2010 TW 200

Hi guys just got my 2010 yesterday still in the back of my truck, Im going to dressup and take her for a ride around town and trail around our local lake.Its cold here about 32o.

I came to this bike from a 07 F650 belive or not. I just want somenthig to ride around the trails and comute to work somentime.I also own a 1980 CT 110 that I find myself riding more and more than the F.

"Honey I shrink my ride" Im very happy just to test ride this little beast around the parking lot

Bye gotta go ride it now!!!! Let you know my impresions later!!!!

Congrats on the new bike! I am actually giving up the heavy/clunky cruiser and keeping the TW as my only bike.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Quote Originally Posted by dhoenisch View Post
    Congrats on the new bike! I am actually giving up the heavy/clunky cruiser and keeping the TW as my only bike.

Dan
    Heavy clunky, yes The F was a little clunky and heavy. The thing I miss most is the brakes but I can ride this TW the way a motorcycle is mant to be ride.

This bike make an experience trail rider out of me out of the box with out to much efford, the suspension little stiff so my neck and back a little sore but lower tire pressure should fix that, take the twisties like a little sport bike. I like this bike but the dilema: The bike have 385 miles now, wanted to store it for the winter, not due for an oil change yet. What should I do skip the oil change until spring and just do the full tank of gas with stabilizer, the tea spoon of oil on the crank and put the battery on a tender only? The bike is going to be store in a heated garage. The bike came with:MSR skid plate,IMS folding shifter and wide pegs. 2010, 365 miles(ride it today 20 miles) and I pay $3000.00.

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

In my opinion, I would just leave the oil in the bike, and change it before your first ride in the Spring. I've done that with other bikes (this is my TW's first winter) and have been fine doing it that way. If I were you, come Spring, I would drain the fuel from it and use it for the car/lawnmower, and use fresh gas. Motorcycles don't seem to like old gas. Also, don't forget to drain the carb.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

Haha, yeah, the TW is just plain FUN, regardless of previous experience, or lack of, in my case. TW was my first bike, and even though I added an '06 FZ6 to the stable, I still have the TW, and ride it often. And winter storage? Pffftt. Only if it's snowing I suppose.

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to riding in cold weather! Of course, it makes summer riding hard to get used to. After riding most of the winter, I feel like those spring days are way too hot, at 70 degrees. LOL Enjoy your new TW! I can promise you one thing, riding a TW never gets old.
    2009 Yamaha TW200

2006 Yamaha FZ6

matojo,

I am looking into getting a 2nd TW, I have one in IlIinois, and was thinking of getting one to leave in Arizona.

Did you get it at a dealer or private party?

I trying to figure out how new of a one I want to get and how much to spend.

My IlIinois one is a 2008.

I am in Arizona now for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by rmartin View Post
    matojo,

I am looking into getting a 2nd TW, I have one in Iinois, and was thinking of getting one to leave in Arizona.

Did you get it at a dealer or private party?

I trying to figure out how new of a one I want to get and how much to spend.

My IlIinois one is a 2008.

Martin you may be able to pick up a 2010 for about 3700+249.00 dealer charges right around this area of NW Arkansas. I got my from a private party 365 miles with the upgrades.

And yes I ride a little in the winter to but not much.

Ive to go all the way to Tulsa, Oklahoma to get my WT, and I dint see any in craiglist in missouri, oklahoma or here in Arkansas. I guess they going fast.I may finance an XT 250 just to have "The pair" their sweet to.

I'm also an F650 guy (2003 Dakar). While I love my Dakar for exploring further afield I got my TW for both commuting and for the more "adventurous" trails in my Neighborhood (I live about a mile East of the continental divide).

The F650 is just too big, heavy, and EXPENSIVE for going where it's too wild. But it's a great longer distance machine. The TW is light, easy to pick up, and way less expensive to repair (none needed so far!). The Dakar allows me to wander 100's of miles in the Rockies.

For me here in Montana they make for a very handy pair of dual sports!

Rudy in Helena

Quote Originally Posted by RudyS2MT View Post
    I'm also an F650 guy (2003 Dakar). While I love my Dakar for exploring further afield I got my TW for both commuting and for the more "adventurous" trails in my Neighborhood (I live about a mile East of the continental divide).

The F650 is just too big, heavy, and EXPENSIVE for going where it's too wild. But it's a great longer distance machine. The TW is light, easy to pick up, and way less expensive to repair (none needed so far!). The Dakar allows me to wander 100's of miles in the Rockies.

For me here in Montana they make for a very handy pair of dual sports!

Rudy in Helena

Rudy, yes The F is a machine that go to distance, very sharp,dependable and I miss to have it but I dint ride it very much at all, in three years 8000 miles you can imaging. But I do miss all the goodies this bike came with and the powerfull 650. I like this little Yamaha, is fun for me to ride and its cheap and simple to work on, that for me is a plus in this economy!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links