TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Finally!!

4K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  qwerty 
#1 ·
Picking up my TW200 in about 2 weeks. After getting into a motorcycle accident about a year ago. I have been waiting for my settlement check so I could buy a TW and a few other things. Thinking I would have the money within 3-4 months I joined this forum last January reading all I could about these bikes and waiting for my funds. I have seen a lot of nice TW's come and go on Craigslist throughout the months and have finally been notified from my lawyer that my check is on the way. SO, I have about three or four TW's I am interested in that are for sale in my neck of the woods. One is a 2007 with only 70 miles on it. I am hoping it is still for sale in the next couple of weeks.

Long story short. I'm FINALLY getting my damn bike! :D

#3 ·
Good deal if you find one around Phoenix and don't have a way to get it home I have a carrier and will deliver it to your house on a weekend.

#7 ·
#9 ·
you would be dead in 5 seconds on I-10 south. I work for Southwest Gas and will be on Emergency call the weekend of Oct 25-26th other then that I am clear. Paul

#10 ·
#12 ·
My budget is around $2700. I have to pick up a nice 4 seater golf cart for the family as well (I live in Anthem. Not the North one. The South one). I am also putting a vanity in our master bathroom for the wife so I have to stick with my budget. Luckily there is plenty TW's in my price range.

#11 ·
DocJeky- I was in the accident on October 1 2013 (my birthday) My lawyer said it typically takes 45-60 days after the letter of demand is sent. That letter was sent around the first of November 2013. My lawyer was shocked at how long it took as well.

#23 ·
#26 ·
#29 ·
Congrats on the TW. Yep, I'm also in the "rearended" club. Wasn't fun, but it all worked out in the end.

#31 ·
I bet that 2007 with that low of mileage still has the same gas from 2007.

#32 ·
Pull the tank drain it install a 90 degree mini fuel filter add fresh gas and 4 ounces of Seafoam and ride that sucker.

#33 ·
I gave away my call today so I have every weekend open till Dec 6-7.

#34 ·
There is a 2005 down in Tucson as well with just over 800 miles. 2005 Yamaha TW200

He has already sent me pictures and looks real nice. Which ever bike I get I usually always pull the carb(s) and go through them as well as drain any old gas. I'm just glad I have some good ones to pick from. There is one up in N phoenix with 1,176 miles. A 2003 with both front and rear cycle racks. I'm leaning towards this bike because it's around the same price as all the other but already has $400 worth of racks. I'm putting them on whichever bike I get so this would already save me a few hundred and the miles are still low. 2003 Yamaha TW200-Exc. Cond.-Low Miles-TW-200 Trailway

If I need to get the bike on a weekday I have it worked out. Home Depot rents regular trucks for $20 for the first 90 minutes and then $10 each additional hour. Not to bad. If it works out to be a weekend I will hit you up. In two weeks I am off for 5 days and I am hoping I have my TW by then and can go mess around on the trails out here in Florence.

#35 ·
I will be on TW stand by!

Reactions: JGillespie
#36 ·
This is the first time in my life where I do not have a truck. Not liking it at all. Just sold my 72 Ford f100 that was my cycle hauler. Should have never sold it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

Funny thing is. The truck is back up on craigslist right now. I just have other priorities at this point. Get the TW or the truck? TW it is!

#38 ·
This is the first time in my life where I do not have a truck. Not liking it at all. Just sold my 72 Ford f100 that was my cycle hauler. Should have never sold it.

View attachment 10653

Funny thing is. The truck is back up on craigslist right now. I just have other priorities at this point. Get the TW or the truck? TW it is!
My first truck was a 1972 Ford F-100 inline 6 cylinder automatic two tone Green and white storage box on the passenger side.

#37 ·
This is the trailer I can rent .
5' x 9' Utility Trailer with Ramp

5' x 9' Utility Trailer with Ramp
Inside: 9'2" x 4'9" (LxW)
Ramp width: 4'9"

The allowed cargo weight (the amount of weight you can put in a trailer) is based on your vehicle's curb weight (4,175 lbs.), the trailer's capacity and your hitch system rating.

If your hitch rating is: Allowed cargo weight is:
1,000 lbs 0 lbs

2,000 lbs 760 lbs

3,500 lbs 1,660 lbs

5,000+ lbs 1,660 lbs

How do I find my hitch system rating?

$24.95 Pick up the Big Awesome TW 200 . but my carrier is free.

#39 ·
we could do this this for the winter rides. I am off from 12-12 14 to 1-1-15.

#40 ·
Also if you do a ride with me and like to shoot handguns I have over 70 in the safe so just name the gun you want to try and I will try to accommodate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.