Number of TW's sold in the U.S. annually? Number imported?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Number of TW's sold in the U.S. annually? Number imported?

Number of TW's sold in the U.S. annually? Number imported?

I always want to know the volume of a particular brand or bike model that is sold in the U.S. and/or imported if applicable.

I own a 2015 V7 Stone Moto Guzzi which I found out as a brand has less than 1000 imported to the U.S. annually. Not just this model
    but all Guzzi's combined are less than 1K. That's crazy when you compare to Harley or even Victory as made and sold bikes.

Does anyone know how many of the TW's are sold each year?

Just wondering.
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dub Ken View Post
    I always want to know the volume of a particular brand or bike model that is sold in the U.S. and/or imported if applicable.

I own a 2015 V7 Stone Moto Guzzi which I found out as a brand has less than 1000 imported to the U.S. annually. Not just this model
    but all Guzzi's combined are less than 1K. That's crazy when you compare to Harley or even Victory as made and sold bikes.

Does anyone know how many of the TW's are sold each year?

Just wondering.
    I don't know the TW200 numbers,

But I own a 2002 DUCATI 998S BAYLISS, Only 400 ever made worldwide and only 50 imported to North America. It has stamped numbered triple tree, plaque, stand, and special cover. I would love to see a picture of your Guzzi/
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

I once saw a chart that listed TW popularity state by state and I remember the top 3 were Kalifornia, Washington and of all places Alabama. I too would enjoy sales and production numbers and it sure seems like 2006 and 2007 were super banner sales years because those are still some of the most common TW's I find on the used market
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Stone is a cruiser style bike. Not a bagger, but a naked street/highway bike that you made your own with accessories from Guzzi or aftermarket suppliers. Moto Guzzi is a very solid heavily built motorcycle with a rich history. They were heavily into racing in the early days in Europe. I think (my opinion) they have had "not so good" importers/distributors in the past. Back in the mid seventies, the dealer here in Wichita, KS sold the most Guzzi's in the country for a year or two. He dropped them when they tried to require him to "floorplan" new models over the winter. He got out of the business and went to work in an aircraft plant. Sad. There are lots of Guzzi's here in the USA. The Moto Guzzi National Owners Club is very active, and has many state rallies annually and a National Rally as well. I love my Guzzi's. My son loves his Harley's. To each his own.
    TWilight and BillPacific like this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

I looked through various Yamaha Motor Company annual reports and other financial postings w/o any luck to find sales by model type and state. Closest was change in sales by region. Call a Yamaha Investor Relations Officer, or a local dealer sales manager if info is really desired.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Pan
    I have heard (can't say with 100% certainty) that Moto Guzzi sells only 7000 world wide annually. So at 1000 in the US we are a big market for them :-) I recently added a 2013 V7 Stone to the fleet. Man I love it! Talk about character. That sideways V-Twin is cool. I have always liked shaft driven bikes.

mg small.jpg

My new Moto Guzzi

Stella outside.jpg

Here's my Stella, my Red Hot Italian. She's a 2015 V7 Stone in that gorgeous Red. I had a small windscreen added (works very well I might add) and have since then added very little to her. I did remove all of those stupid labels though but I really like this photo of her.
    Around 650 miles on her in less than 2 months riding and now ready for first dealer service. Bought her from C&D Motorsports in Robbinson, Illinois and really like working with those guys.

My other bikes are a 2013 TW200 bought with 65 miles on her and my 2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic with 13,500 on her bought new last March
    and rode to California on her with my son on his new Softail Slim. Great over the road trip 5600 miles in 22 days and did Sturgis 75th and beyond.

The Moto Guzzi is a great bike with a fun factor I've not found on many other machines. That sideways V twin engine just handles so uniquely that you wonder why you waited to ride one. I could see why riders enjoyed these and I had to have one.

Yes, from what I've found less than 1,000 bikes imported into the U.S. every year. I have no idea how dealerships do it. They must handle other brands or they'd fail miserably.

After attending Sturgis last year I found that it was a "Cookie Cutter" world out there and very boring. All Harley's for the most part and they all look alike. In comes the Moto Guzzi and just like the T-Dub's they are unique and folks want to ask about them and look them over. I like having something that is unique and different. Only so many ways you can do up a Heritage.
    T-Dub Ken

Current bikes:

Yamaha TW200 2013
    Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic 2015
    Moto Guzzi V7 Stone 2015

Lives in St. Joseph, IL
    Friend of God
    Leader of Men
    Lover of all
    Pretty good motorcycle rider
    Doesn't brag too much
    Smiles and laughs a lot
    Loves dogs and cats too

Maybe I remember the Stone WRONG. Those two Stones pictured above are VERY cool. That's the style of bike I like. That and cafe racers, and TW's. lol I guess I like most motorcycles. Back in the day, if you bought a catamaran sailboat, it was a Hobie. Some even referred to all catamarans as Hobie Cats. So, I bought a Nacra 5.2. Just have to be different.
    T-Dub Ken likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Stella outside.jpg

Here's my Stella, my Red Hot Italian. She's a 2015 V7 Stone in that gorgeous Red. I had a small windscreen added (works very well I might add) and have since then added very little to her. I did remove all of those stupid labels though but I really like this photo of her.
    Around 650 miles on her in less than 2 months riding and now ready for first dealer service. Bought her from C&D Motorsports in Robbinson, Illinois and really like working with those guys.

My other bikes are a 2013 TW200 bought with 65 miles on her and my 2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic with 13,500 on her bought new last March
    and rode to California on her with my son on his new Softail Slim. Great over the road trip 5600 miles in 22 days and did Sturgis 75th and beyond.

The Moto Guzzi is a great bike with a fun factor I've not found on many other machines. That sideways V twin engine just handles so uniquely that you wonder why you waited to ride one. I could see why riders enjoyed these and I had to have one.

Yes, from what I've found less than 1,000 bikes imported into the U.S. every year. I have no idea how dealerships do it. They must handle other brands or they'd fail miserably.

After attending Sturgis last year I found that it was a "Cookie Cutter" world out there and very boring. All Harley's for the most part and they all look alike. In comes the Moto Guzzi and just like the T-Dub's they are unique and folks want to ask about them and look them over. I like having something that is unique and different. Only so many ways you can do up a Heritage.
    Very true.......... That's why I ride a Trump America.. I really get the questions & the stares at all our rides...........OMM.
    T-Dub Ken likes this.

Stella outside.jpg

Here's my Stella, my Red Hot Italian. She's a 2015 V7 Stone in that gorgeous Red......
    mg small.jpg

Hey Ken and Pan,

Don't know what this has to do with TW sales, but I like it.

The V7 Stone has been on my list for the last few years (it's a "standard", not a "cruiser" like the older version).

I like the red one too, Ken.

This is the V7 II I have my eye on, but the new V9 has caught my attention too.

jb
    T-Dub Ken likes this.
    2017 Triumph Bonneville T-120.......2015 CSC Zong
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links