Outraged by Thieves
Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Outraged by Thieves

Last night I was watching the news and there were reports of thieves in my area that were using the extreme thunderstorms to fool homeowners into ignoring their alarm systems, it seems these alarms can go off by mistake and the thieves are capitalizing on it. I didn't think much more of it until after, being awakened from a deep sleep by my garage alarm. My garage is detached, full of tools and toys, including my beloved TW. The alarm is a motion sensor, so my first thoughts were maybe something fell off the bench and the motion sensor went off. But I could not go back to sleep, so I headed out to the back. I heard some noise in the alley and snuck up to the fence to have a look and to my surprise my garage door was open . Down the lane, there was an idling truck parked out in front of the garage three houses down from me and it appeared from the noise that some burglers were in that garage. I slipped into my garage to find something solid to swing if I needed it (got no guns, so that's not an option). A quick assessment noted that nothing was really missing, but I spotted a short 2x4 over by the cabinet. As I moved over to grab the 2x4, I hear the truck driving towards my garage and voices coming my way. I dove for cover behind my covered TW, between the wall and cabinet. Just then I spotted something, I froze. I was so outraged that I could not move. The new fifty two tooth rear sprocket on my TW had a cog broken off. It was brand new. So here's the question, should I mail it back to the US where I ordered it , or just buy a new one, as I was thinking about going to a fifty five tooth one anyways? Maybe I'll need a new oring chain, handlebar risers and a clarke tank too? Rejetting might be an option or maybe a new rack? How about a jimbo shield or a new pegs? Such a dilemma.
    Last edited by vuldub; 04-18-2017 at 07:50 AM.
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Quote Originally Posted by vuldub View Post
    Last night I was watching the news and there were reports of thieves in my area that were using the extreme thunderstorms to fool homeowners into ignoring their alarm systems – seems these alarms can go off by mistake and the thieves are capitalizing on it. I didn’t think much more of it until after, being awakened from a deep sleep by my garage alarm. My garage is detached, full of tools and toys, including my beloved TW. The alarm is a motion sensor, so my first thoughts were maybe something fell off the bench and the motion sensor went off. But I could not go back to sleep, so I headed out to the back. I heard some noise in the alley and snuck up to the fence to have a look and to my surprise my garage door was open . Down the lane, there was an idling truck parked out in front of the garage three houses down from me and it appeared from the noise that some burglers were in that garage. I slipped into my garage to find something solid to swing if I needed it (got no guns, so that’s not an option). A quick assessment noted that nothing was really missing, but I spotted a short 2x4 over by the cabinet. As I moved over to grab the 2x4, I hear the truck driving towards my garage and voices coming my way. I dove for cover behind my covered TW, between the wall and cabinet. Just then I spotted something, I froze. I was so outraged that I could not move. The new fifty two tooth rear sprocket on my TW had a cog broken off. It was brand new. So here’ s the question, should I mail it back to the US where I ordered it , or just buy a new one, as I was thinking about going to a fifty five tooth one anyways? Maybe I'll need a new oring chain, handlebar risers and a clarke tank too? Rejetting might be an option or maybe a new rack? How about a jimbo shield or a new pegs? Such a dilemma.

I would take the sprocket back. What a shame.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vuldub View Post
    Last night I was watching the news and there were reports of thieves in my area that were using the extreme thunderstorms to fool homeowners into ignoring their alarm systems – seems these alarms can go off by mistake and the thieves are capitalizing on it. I didn’t think much more of it until after, being awakened from a deep sleep by my garage alarm. My garage is detached, full of tools and toys, including my beloved TW. The alarm is a motion sensor, so my first thoughts were maybe something fell off the bench and the motion sensor went off. But I could not go back to sleep, so I headed out to the back. I heard some noise in the alley and snuck up to the fence to have a look and to my surprise my garage door was open . Down the lane, there was an idling truck parked out in front of the garage three houses down from me and it appeared from the noise that some burglers were in that garage. I slipped into my garage to find something solid to swing if I needed it (got no guns, so that’s not an option). A quick assessment noted that nothing was really missing, but I spotted a short 2x4 over by the cabinet. As I moved over to grab the 2x4, I hear the truck driving towards my garage and voices coming my way. I dove for cover behind my covered TW, between the wall and cabinet. Just then I spotted something, I froze. I was so outraged that I could not move. The new fifty two tooth rear sprocket on my TW had a cog broken off. It was brand new. So here’ s the question, should I mail it back to the US where I ordered it , or just buy a new one, as I was thinking about going to a fifty five tooth one anyways? Maybe I'll need a new oring chain, handlebar risers and a clarke tank too? Rejetting might be an option or maybe a new rack? How about a jimbo shield or a new pegs? Such a dilemma.

I'm not sure I get the connection in these two stories...The sprocket was broken by the thieves or maybe just because you had a chance to be close to the bike hiding you haoppened to notice the sprocket was broken? If the thieves broke the sprocket, I don't see that as grounds to return it to supplier. On the other hand, if poor workmanship was the cause, yeah, go ahead and ask for a refund or replacement.

Bummer about having theives in the neighborhood. Did you report this to the police?
    Peterb and williamemack like this.

Truelight, sorry if you didn't get the joke here. I'm poking fun at our obsession with our TW's (me included). So caught up in TW mods, I didn't notice the thieves anymore.... comprende? Just laugh!
    Regards...Wes
    In the Stable: 73 Honda CT90,81 Honda CT110,81 Honda CT70,04 Yamaha TW200,07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

yes these story is funy, but not becos reasen mention.i find it funy that you take the time to rite all these stuff out four no parteculer reasen,other than you got two much time on you hand.

if these were a true storey, tho you mite reconsider too uses a wepon, and just call polices.i get into some trouble four confronting and the shooting a yung man in my werkshop a few yers back and spend lots off dollers and sum jailtime.from now on i not shooted anyone befor i call the polices becos they always name you the bad guy.

fontintown firmarshel,

tenny

Quote Originally Posted by underthewheel View Post
    yes these story is funy, but not becos reasen mention.i find it funy that you take the time to rite all these stuff out four no parteculer reasen,other than you got two much time on you hand.
    Humm, I guess that by this logic most authors and comedians have too much time for no particular reason?
    Toecutter likes this.
    Regards...Wes

Tenny do you have some photos of yourself with your TW in your workshop?

I'd like a signed copy, but can organise that with photoshop if you have the right photos to share.

Your posts are some of the most hilarious, even funnier than the original, but vuldub had me going right up to the sprocket
    '05 TW200 + Emgo handguards, RK O-ring chain, Cycleracks rear rack, John (Mule's) seat bolts, hybrid TW/XT350 seat, Clarke XT350 natural tank, 2inch bar raisers, Jimbo's cafe shield, Utah Sport Cycle's Ricochet Engine Bash Plate, Full synthetic oil for cooler operating, Updated Yamaha pleated oil filter. Soon to add - Acerbis supermoto higher front fender Not sure I'll fit at all - Northern star hurricane oil cooler with Spal fan, John (Mule's) oil cooler filter cover, Wiseco high compression piston.

Hidden Content The TW200 Wikipedia

Guess I'm not familiar with this author nor his quirky sense of humor. Perhaps he is an "acquired taste" huh?? I didn't get it.

I thought your story was clever, well thought out, well told, and funny.

As for grammar, syntax, punctuation, and spelling I thought it was perfect. To bad others on this forum don't follow your excellent example. Oh, I take that back, most do! Almost all do! Truth be known, there is only one in desperate need of help. Or maybe he is beyond help. We will never know.

The last time I called the policies my insurance man showed up.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links