• 2 Post By jb882
  • 1 Post By Michael Bryce Winnick
  • 3 Post By mrlmd
  • 1 Post By rbm
  • 2 Post By SHAG

Thread: Riding suit

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar

Riding suit

I want to ride to work/court. I want a riding suit to catch the bug splatter and protect from the rain. I am not looking for warmth or insulation as I would only do this on particularly nice days with the occasional chance of rain. What do you recommend? Again, I have no need for insulation. I want light-easy to clean-easy to stuff in a saddle bag-easy on/off over cowboy boots. Cannot burn up being close to the pipe. It has to go over a suit/tie/slacks. Thanks MBW
    littletommy likes this.

Frogg Toggs. Check Cyclegear if you have one near you.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Nice job. I only had to wait 60 seconds to be sent in the right direction. I am looking for "light." No insulating qualities. Easy on/off. Thank you very much. Just something to keep yellow splatter off that I can rip off in a parking lot, stuff in a saddle bag, and get going. Do TW's burn up riding suits or do they generally keep clear of the pipes? MBW

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    Nice job. I only had to wait 60 seconds to be sent in the right direction. I am looking for "light." No insulating qualities. Easy on/off. Thank you very much. Just something to keep yellow splatter off that I can rip off in a parking lot, stuff in a saddle bag, and get going. Do TW's burn up riding suits or do they generally keep clear of the pipes? MBW
    I think they will work. Shouldn't be a problem unless you do hit the pipe. You could use a rubber band and slide it up on the suit where it might be near the pipe or find one of those old bicycle things that kept your pant leg away from the sprockets...?
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Personally i would steer away from frog toggs, I have found their quality to be sub par when i had a set on my boat. I don't know about the new motorcycle specific ones but the others are highly flammable. I know more than a few guys that have had them catch on fire mostly from smoking while fishing but i do know one guy that has a nice scar on his leg form third degree burns where his pipe caught them on fire and scorched his leg.

Do yourself a solid and get something motorcycle specific that offers impact/abrasion protection. Not only will it keep you dry if it rains it will also help protect you in a crash which is every bit if not more important than keeping you dry. I wear my revit sand2 set when i commute and it will work over clothes. not sure about a suit jacket but the rest would work, i sized mine up a size to make sure they fit. If I was in your shoes tho i would look very heavily into an aerostitch r3 light or a roadcrafter 1 piece suit, they are expensive but the true top end of commuting gear. If i commuted on my bike on a regular i would have one.
    Last edited by jb882; 07-07-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    mspgirl and littletommy like this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Thanks. If you are the guy who sold me my winter riding pants, I will take your counsel on apparel to heart. I never considered the flammability issues nor the benefits of a little armor in a lightweight riding suit. Yous guys never fail to do me right. MBW
    littletommy likes this.

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    Those suits are big bucks and can be gotten for much less money. I'm not plugging them but I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Leatherup.com and their prices are great and everything I've bought there, from numerous light and heavy gloves, to light and heavy jackets and riding pants and rain gear and boots has been of good quality and shipping is fast. Check them out.

rbm
    Aerostich. Will be my next gear.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Aerostich. Will be my next gear.
    The Darien Lite jacket and pants are hard to beat. They will outlast you and your bikes. Darien Light - Jackets & Pants :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
    littletommy and gtmotor like this.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!
    05-BMW1200GS- Rock Red 102k miles
    2013-TW200 - 5k- miles

Sponosred Links