Project Black Widow - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree598Likes

Thread: Project Black Widow

Ive been using a product called evaporust. comes in gallons. its not super cheap but works really well and is reusable. for that wheel i would put some in a dish and st the bottom of the rim in. rotate the wheel from time to time and you would be amazed at what this stuff takes off.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. restoration project. mostly complete and collecting miles.
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content

Visiting Mountain Redbelly in San Jose, CA
    You might try Naval Jelly too. It's cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    Ive been using a product called evaporust. comes in gallons. its not super cheap but works really well and is reusable. for that wheel i would put some in a dish and st the bottom of the rim in. rotate the wheel from time to time and you would be amazed at what this stuff takes off.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    WOW thanks for the tip I'm going to buy a gallon. I watch a few YouTube videos and this stuff actually works. Did find this stuff on the shelf at Walmart? Amazon Prime has a gallon for $18

Here's just one that shows the results.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 12-16-2016 at 05:51 AM.
    Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't do walmart so I couldn't tell you. I bought it at lowes or someplace like that. Ive dont a few gas tanks with it and had great luck. I just keep pouring it back into the container when im done. Works great for hardware too. The list is endless.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. restoration project. mostly complete and collecting miles.
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content

Looks like a ton of fun. Trying to make a basket out of a basket case. LOL! You are now officially a TW junk yard dude. Ride it like you stole it or push it and be like the Memorex ad guy with the wind blowing his hair from the sound while he's in the chair. You're old enough to remember those ads.
    Ride Safe.......You're the BUMPER!Hidden Content

2003 Yamaha TW200
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 BMW K1200S
    2009 Honda 420 Rancher 4x4
    Hill Billy Bags

The new tires came in today and I mounted up the rear so far. Notice the dot by the valve stem... now that I know It's purpose I'm curious to see how much weight it takes to balance it.

IMG_6565.JPG

I also tried out the Evaporust on one of my spare rusty rims.

Soaked 24 hours, look closely you can see the area where the rim soaked in its bath

IMG_6560.JPG

It's pitted pretty bad I may just pull the hub off for a trailer wheel mod.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 12-21-2016 at 06:50 PM.
    Rick

The BW is coming along nicely. New tires, tubes, balanced, cleaned and serviced the breaks, lubed the speedometers cable and installed a new front break cable. I want to thank Skin Walker he is sending me a set of mirrors and a blinker relay.

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6578.JPG

Check out the rust spot on this 27 year old tube. Now there's an accident waiting to happen.

IMG_6580.JPG

IMG_6581.JPG
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    Can someone tell me what's involved in getting a title for this bike. The original owner apparently is from PA and had lost it.
    TP, I went to a local district justice, told my story of no title street bike, how I got the bike and left with a stamped letter that got me a title issued! Did have to have the police run the vin to make sure it was not stolen. I ran across this link a while back and think it will work for you.

Vermont registration success for no title bike
    1991 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Lyterx View Post
    TP, I went to a local district justice, told my story of no title street bike, how I got the bike and left with a stamped letter that got me a title issued! Did have to have the police run the vin to make sure it was not stolen. I ran across this link a while back and think it will work for you.

Vermont registration success for no title bike
    I'll have to try that I bought the bike in PA. I imagine there's thousands of motorcycles out there without titles. It should be as easy to get as you acquired yours. I'm always riding in your area hopefully we can meet next year.
    Rick

Road tested the BW today. The only thing I need to get all the lights working is the front break switch. The plastic tabs broke off and the switch and it won't stay in place. Anyone have a solution to this problem? The parts not available for a 1988 but it is available for bikes with disk breaks 2001 and later. Has anyone ever tried using a switch from a disk break bike on an earlier bike?

The bike ran good but I do need to tweak the carb a bit and finish installing the plastics.
    IMG_6592.JPG
    Last edited by TopPredator; 02-10-2017 at 07:44 PM.
    Rick

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links