Slinger's TW - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: Slinger's TW

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    The proper technique for cleaning these pleated filters is to put some gas or kerosene in a shallow dish and use an old toothbrush to gently wash the pleats. More forceful methods will drive fine particles through the mesh. Then blow out with compressed air from the inside. And, no, this does not look out of line at all.
    I was just going to look up the cleaning process, and you saved me the effort. Thanks!

Also, it is good to know that the filter sludge does not look out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by abrinotw View Post
    Welcome - good looking bike and good set of plans. Not sure about your color plan - you may not be able to find it in Az
    The thought was to make it more of a subdued hunting vehicle. It would sure be embarrassing if I had to walk home because I couldn't find my bike

I am starting to like the color scheme as it is, so it may be a while before I get the motivation to change it. Still not crazy about that red seat though.

Ken
    Try the hunter camo Orange color scheme. Fits in with hunting and you can find it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Good plans for your graduation gift. Interesting info on this forum about most all your future mods. Don't recall a folding rear brake pedal tip option though. Some with back-country wanderlust might add greater fuel capacity to their wish list. Otherwise nice bike as she sits, and with the planned list of improvements even better.
    In addition to the protection afforded by the hand guards there are also shorty folding hand levers that can deflect out of the way in a tip over.
    I was thinking I had seen a folding brake pedal on this forum, but I was probably mistaken. I had not heard about the folding hand levers, and this seems link an interesting option. Is there much potential to break levers with the hand guards installed?

I am not sure how back-country I plan to go. The trails I want to explore near my home are within the TW range. I'll see how much range anxiety I get once I start riding.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Congratulations on your most excellent Rainbow Warrior.

The colors will grow on you.

They did for me.

20141006_180539.jpg

You know the "Rainbow Warrior" is a signature TW like the "Black Widow" also. Not everyone gets that privilege. I need to come up with a name for our twins.
    Ken, littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Welcome , nice machine. Folding rear brake pedal: Try researching other models of Yamaha off road bikes or ATV , this may assist you , it works for folding shift levers.

Hey congrats on the new bike! Looks really clean and we'll taken care of. It's cool that you found a 1994 model seeing as that year holds a lot of milestones for you. I'm digging the color! Do you mind if I steal your " list of things to change"? Good list..

Bill

Nice find! Pretty!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hand guards were already on my bike when i got it, (and there was plenty of evidence of it having dropped) i've never broken a lever with them (and i've dropped it plenty).
    if you click on either of the links in my signature you can find help and suggestions as to the many mods you have listed.

they are great bikes, enjoy yours.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links