Slinger's TW - Page 8
Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Slinger's TW

Thanks for taking us along on your fix up. I was happy to read that you got to go for a ride and all went well. It means a lot more riding a bike you worked on yourself.
    littletommy and Ken like this.

Awesome! sure is a nice looking bike !
    Ken and littletommy like this.

Ken
    Yep, any time you mess with that back tire you have to check it. Glad you fixed it.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks everyone. This site is so incredibly helpful, and I probably would not be riding the bike I have without it.

It has been fun to work on the bike, but the waiting to be able to ride was so frustrating. I certainly understand why some have more than one.

I truly understand the smiles per gallon now. This bike is more fun than I ever recall having on my old sport bike.

Riding on dirt is a new experience for me, and I have much to learn. Here's a picture from my ride today. I nearly fell a couple times, but the sweet TW kept me upright.

Tweaker, Ken, littletommy and 3 others like this.

I installed my Krator foot pegs today. Scratch #8 of my list.

I destroyed the cotter pins when taking off the old pegs. I temporarily used key rings, and that gave me a good excuse to ride to the hardware store to get cotter pins ... I might have taken a much longer route home 😀

Had an old case laying around that was a good size for my rack. I strapped it on as a temporary solution until I get a Pelican or Rigid case.

I rode about 70 miles today and put about 2.5 hours of engine time on. It was in the low 90's, but it felt comfortable as long as I was moving 20+ mph. The bike ran beautifully.
    littletommy, LuvNot, Ken and 1 others like this.

Low 90's in March. It is incredible how diverse America is from top to bottom and coast to coast. I always wonder why some people travel all over the world without ever exploring all of America first.

I'm glad your bike is running great.
    Ken, littletommy, Tweaker and 2 others like this.

Congratulations on the bike. Thanks for taking us along on the journey, was cool as heck. Just posted a pic of my krator pegs today. Hadnt seen this yet. Seeing the krators on there, not sure how my feet ever stayed on the stock ones at all. Haha

Added Ride-On to the tires tonight and took a quick spin in the cool dessert air.

I aired up the tires with my new portable compressor.

It plugs right into my battery tender pigtail, and it is small enough to travel with me.
    littletommy and Moabman like this.

My wife and kids are out of town for the weekend, and the weather is beautiful for riding. I put 125 miles on the bike today and explored a number of roads that have been on my list for quite some time.

Some gorgeous views:

I was in over my head at a couple points in the ride. This happened:

Crossed my first streams today. Running water is a rare gem in southern Arizona. The first few were really rocky and challenging with just a few inches of water. This one was a nice easy road and a bit deeper.

Fun day!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponosred Links