• 5 Post By cccan
  • 3 Post By SportsterDoc
  • 8 Post By socalnative
  • 1 Post By Ken
  • 1 Post By TrailWaysAW
  • 1 Post By goldenhtr

Thread: Little bike - big heart. :)

Little bike - big heart. :)

Some people are under the impression that some things are meant for a purpose, and only that purpose not to fall outside of the realm of doing things that are different. My Dad, God love him, is sort of one of those people. He think's I'm nuts for riding my GSA on trails. and nuts for wanting to farkle up the TW. "It's fine how it is" he proclaims. Perhaps though, after introducing him to the tw200 forums and other things I've found on the interwebs his mindset on that is changing a bit. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that him and I made talk of me talking his TW home with me later this summer that we both learned of the cult following this [TW] bike has. I don't recall ever seeing or knowing of a bike like the TW that get's transformed into the many things people have done with them. Quite amazing to me, and him.
    Anyhoover, I stumbled over this little gem here. Little bike - big heart.

Rainman?
    jtomelliott49 and TrailWaysAW like this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Ken
    I think that was on here before but that is a good one, 17th out of 41 isn't bad when a Tdub is compared to a mx. I wonder how good Fred would do? I think Fred has ridden every terrain there is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

He could have won if he took his mirrors off!
    2002 TW200
    1998 DR350
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

I would have loved to hear the excuses from the guys on the KTM's he beat....looks like he had a blast

Thoroughly enjoyed the video
    1 near collision, 2 dumps (1 quickly recovered) and passed at least 4 down riders!
    Kinda a tortoise and hare race, with a very determined tortoise!

I was won over on one of my first "longer" rides. I was passed by a set of three guys on KTM's early in the morning. But I caught up to them when they stopped, for whatever reason. They passed me again.
    Then I passed a group of four guys in various dual sports. They all gave me the thumbs up. And once again I caught up to the three on KTM's while they debated whether or not to cross the road and attempt the "hillclimb" they could see or ride on the highway around it. I told them I had made it on my XR650r before and I would on the TW again. One kind of frowned. Then I rode across the street and up and over the hill. They did climb it but at least one of them had to do it twice. I then stopped and had some water and they caught up to me again.

The oldest guy said "that thing climbed that hill like a goat!" I smiled and said it was all the bike. The younger guys, maybe his sons, didn't say much. We talked about how far I was going and he said they wouldn't have that range. I left before them and didn't see them again. I was resting and eating when a group of three showed up. It was the group of four but one had gone back somewhere around the way. They were amazed at what a good rider I was that they could see me ahead a few times but could never catch up until now.

I said that it was the bike and that neither it or I had to stop too often. They looked at the TW and said they liked the tires but that it looked too small to be comfortable to ride far. I then told them how far I had gone and they realized that I had ridden almost twice as far as them and in a shorter amount of time.

I don't know if any of those guys thought any more of the TW but I sure did. And not just because I had gotten there before them. Mostly because it was fun to ride no matter how far you go.
    Peterb, Elvesus, Mel and 5 others like this.

Ken
    Thanks for sharing socalnative.
    littletommy likes this.

Great story!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    littletommy likes this.
    -TWitchy Squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Rainman?

Yep sure is
    littletommy likes this.
    Quote "When today's politicians tell us that we need to give up our 2nd amendment constitutional rights in order to appease the enemy, when we are being lead down a path that will give our citizen rights to illegal aliens, when the 5th amendment is ignored and we have no idea who has the authority to put names on terrorist watch lists, no-fly lists or any other sort of black-ball list, then it's time to throw them all out."
    Ski Pro3

Gen:27:3

Sponosred Links