Returning to the T-Dub after HIGHLY modded CRF250L - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Returning to the T-Dub after HIGHLY modded CRF250L

Quote Originally Posted by SickPuppy76 View Post
    I ride with a bunch of CRF250s. I should copy and paste this to our local page. I'll probably get stoned to death. LOL
    Don't let them pass you! They'll be roosting rocks your way for sure.
    littletommy and SickPuppy76 like this.

JR...I had a Wr250r....it is a great bike(likely the best dual sport I had), off road it was set up near perfect for me and on road and in traffic the bike was great. I sold the WR and the bike I kept was the tw, for the riding I do the tw is perfect. The TW may not be a rocket but for backwoods plodding and exploring you can't find a more suited bike.
    JerseyJeeper and littletommy like this.

Funny I too just sold my dr650 and my CRF250L is for sale...I have 2 TW 200's that are just more fun for me and my wife
    littletommy, goldenhtr and Tweaker like this.
    Some must watch while others must sleep.
    2013 TW 200
    2014 NC700x
    2016 k1600gt
    2016 TW 200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

DO it.

Quote Originally Posted by SickPuppy76 View Post
    I ride with a bunch of CRF250s. I should copy and paste this to our local page. I'll probably get stoned to death. LOL
    littletommy likes this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Crf250l=LRP= little red pig. Not my words, but I think it's funny.
    littletommy likes this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. restoration project. mostly complete and collecting miles.
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content

'I might have to do just that one of these years. When I was up there, I just wanted to keep going North. I loved the never ending forest way up in those parts."

Yes I love Northern Ontario....it just never ends. here is a run I have planned for this summer.

http://www.graveltravel.ca/index.php...-ont-3&catid=1
    Last edited by littletommy; 03-07-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Hot linked your link for you brother Peter
    littletommy likes this.

Hi all... just sent this to a mate with a passion for CRF250's ...

Cheers
    Potski
    littletommy and dette like this.
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing" - Barry Sheen

Well, I'll see! I'm picking up a WR250R today. As soon as I brought my TW home, my wife's first words were "Great. When do I get to ride it!"

That was all the excuse I needed to put the plan for a second bike purchase into overdrive.

I have lusted after the WR250R for over 5 years now. I have always wanted one, but made the mistake of purchasing the CRF250L thinking that I would be able to mod it to the point where I'd be happy. Well, after thousands of dollars of mods and 2 years everything was great except the engine. The bike simply had NO top end. That just killed it for me. Lack of top end was in no way problematic off road, but I spend the majority of my time on road and the CRF just falls flat on it's face after 7.5k RPM range. There is simply no pull up top to speak of up top. Believe it or not, but I'm much happier with the engine characteristics of the TW!

So why the WR? I want a second bike with more ground clearance, more power (for longer, solo road trips) and better suspension. I greatly enjoy ADV type riding and the WR's ability to spend some time on the highway at 70+ mph will come in handy when I ride solo and venture north. The WR is narrower than the CRF250L and a little lighter as well. That'll come in handy when the going gets rough. The extra seat height will actually put me in a slightly less cramped position than the CRF250L while providing some extra ground clearance for all of the rocks around here. LONG days in the saddle on the TW leave me feeling beat up. It's awesome for shorter day trips and flying around town, but for the longer rides, I need to stretch out.

I'm pumped to have 2 Yamahas back in the stable. The long term plan is to buy a second TW once our kids are old enough to jump on the back. We're both teachers, so the grand plan is to spend our summers touring the US and Canada with 2 TWs in tow. We'll deploy them once on location and will have a blast exploring while on 2 wheels.

We have more snow coming in this week, so the my first order of business with the WR will be a gearing change (14/49). Outside of that, a skid plate, a speedodrd, some handguards and a set of bags will be the only mods I make with this bike (tires when venturing deep off road). I'll report back in with my initial impressions.

My wife and I were "lucky" enough to buy a VW TDI back in July of 2015. The settlement money for dieselgate sure has come in handy We are going to have a fun summer.
    Last edited by TheJRM; 03-11-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    Dryden-Tdub and littletommy like this.

'I might have to do just that one of these years. When I was up there, I just wanted to keep going North. I loved the never ending forest way up in those parts."

Yes I love Northern Ontario....it just never ends. here is a run I have planned for this summer.

http://www.graveltravel.ca/index.php...-ont-3&catid=1

OH MY! I was just checking out that site. What an awesome resource! I would love to travel some of those routes!!!
    littletommy likes this.

my son has a wr250f and is a very nice bike and powerfull..... i think the r will make u change ur shorts once in a while LOL.....they are very tall bike a short guy doesnt even have the option of touching the ground....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links