Need Reassurance - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Need Reassurance

Quote Originally Posted by DrTerrible View Post
    I took your advice at the very beginning and changed the seals and the bearing when I changed the sprocket. I did have two other bikes, a brand new DR650 and a theft recovered FZ1 previous to the TW. As I was about to be a father for the first time I sold both those bikes and purchased this TW as I feel it was a much safer bike that I couldn't get into too much trouble with. I have yet to even ride the TW yet but getting excited for it to be put on the road and that it will be the bike I have for years to come. I started this thread to give myself piece of mind that I wasn't wasting my time or money on it as I have spent a lot of both on it so far. I appreciate all the feedback/support and parts that everyone has supplied. Has helped me a bunch immensely.
    Thanks Doc! It does my heart good to know every once in a while someone takes my advice. You can't go too wrong with a TW as long as you are OK with the slower pace of a pack mule in the woods and on the roads. They are bikes that can in fact last a lifetime simply because very few of the parts are made from that rare earth metal called UNOBTANIUM! We have seen a few guys and gals here go the full monty and strip them down to bare frames, re paint or powder coat and bring them back to better than new condition. I think that's great if you just want to look at it in your collection. If you want to ride it hard and put it up wet once in a while then a little rust and a few dents don't mean a thing. TWs tend to look real nice all shined up and almost as nice covered in mud and dust. I can't wait to hear your reports once you do get it out for a good hard ride. They are Old School Cool and a very worthy steed.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Quote Originally Posted by DrTerrible View Post
    I did buy a new oil filter and pretty sure I bought the right one. Has been almost a year since I put it in but will have to double check. Thanks for the reminder.
    Check the filter itself and DO NOT rely on the box. Some have had the wrong filter in the right box so you need to see the 4 holes on the engine side of the filter.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Speaking from experience, if you are restoring for your own use and plan to keep and ride, no problem. But if your like me I restore, fix make better or whatever keep for a while and decide to sell... you did a labor of love. You never get your money back. Breaking even would be nice. But it keeps you out of the bars, and your wife/girl friend or mother will always know where your at!
    Retired guy Central Iowa, Lots of Hobby's

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It's the one I ride.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponosred Links