The "but you were afraid to ask..." thread.
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By old w/2 many guns & bikes
  • 5 Post By Dryden-Tdub

Thread: The "but you were afraid to ask..." thread.

The "but you were afraid to ask..." thread.

How about a thread for things that would appear obvious until you think about them, then you think, "I can't be the only person that doesn't know this..."

If you want a good laugh, there's a series of skits that a Newfie comedy trio does. (Buddy Wasisname and The Other Fellers) It starts with "Da Vette", then he pulls the 454 out of that and puts it in his snowmobile in the skit "Da Yammie". Funny stuff. "Cuz it's not every man what can haul over a 454 with a pull-cord!"
    Anyway....at one point while during the launch of the 454-powered snow-machine, he says something like "...den I jams my hand under dat little seatbelt what's made for nodding to fit under".

I think I might have grabbed mine twice to help with pulling the seat off and it's all stretched and loose. So...since I removed mine this weekend and hung it on the "In case of resale" area of the shed wall.....I wanted to ask....really.....what's it for? If it were made of something substantial I could see it serving a non-cosmetic purpose.... Is it just a styling thing left over from years gone by when it was made of better stuff and you could muckle onto it?

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Passenger grab strap. In case 1: their arms can't circumnavigate your waist, or 2: they don't want to put their hands on youeewww, or 3: you're a macho guy and you've gotta give a macho guy friend a lift (see #2).

Quote Originally Posted by GCFishguy View Post
    How about a thread for things that would appear obvious until you think about them, then you think, "I can't be the only person that doesn't know this..."

If you want a good laugh, there's a series of skits that a Newfie comedy trio does. (Buddy Wasisname and The Other Fellers) It starts with "Da Vette", then he pulls the 454 out of that and puts it in his snowmobile in the skit "Da Yammie". Funny stuff. "Cuz it's not every man what can haul over a 454 with a pull-cord!"
    Anyway....at one point while during the launch of the 454-powered snow-machine, he says something like "...den I jams my hand under dat little seatbelt what's made for nodding to fit under".

I think I might have grabbed mine twice to help with pulling the seat off and it's all stretched and loose. So...since I removed mine this weekend and hung it on the "In case of resale" area of the shed wall.....I wanted to ask....really.....what's it for? If it were made of something substantial I could see it serving a non-cosmetic purpose.... Is it just a styling thing left over from years gone by when it was made of better stuff and you could muckle onto it?
    I am convinced that it was put there to hold your mail while returning from the mailbox. It doubles as a place to put your bullseye targets while riding out back to the shooting range.

Tom
    Welder, Tweaker, Xracer and 2 others like this.
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

Sponosred Links