New Shinko 241 up front. - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: New Shinko 241 up front.

If you put a tubeless tire on a TW, the air will go straight out of the spoke holes in the rim - so you're good to go as long as it has air in the tire - no worries .....

Not even sure if there are two versions of the 241, but as these threads are visible for years to come, it's good to cover all the bases
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 5000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007

The 241 has very deep tread lugs and will feel a bit squishy at first until you get used to it. If you don't think it is balanced right just do it yourself with the Ride On fluid. I think for the 4.00 size tire you need one tube which I believe is 8 ounces. When you put it in the tube you then remove any external balance weights.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    The 241 has very deep tread lugs and will feel a bit squishy at first until you get used to it. If you don't think it is balanced right just do it yourself with the Ride On fluid. I think for the 4.00 size tire you need one tube which I believe is 8 ounces. When you put it in the tube you then remove any external balance weights.

GaryL
    Thanks! You beat me to my second question about using the ride on and keeping the weights. There's a tube in there, just wasn't sure if I had accidentally brought the tubeless version (if such a thing exists) and had it mounted with a tube. Not sure how the inside of the tire would differ cosmetically to even allow this. Only notice a bit front end wobble around 45 indicated (changed rear sprocket, not sure what actual speed is)... maybe just the tire breaking in.
    littletommy, jtomelliott49 and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by little buddy View Post
    Well the stock death wing gave me a big scare a week ago so searched and read a bunch on this great site. I ended up with a Shinko 241. Gave it a decent workout today and im happy with my choice. Wish i did it sooner.

This past winter I put on an SR241. I was worried at first because I had some slideout or washout issues when corning on some firmer moist (not soaking wet) sand and how the tire would handle in Moab.

Because of the sandy rocky trails in Moab, I ran the SR241 with low tire pressure. No worries and the TW handled just fine with the 241. I should note I rode with a Ceros ATV tire on the rear and this tire combo did great on the sand/rocks. I'm satisfied now so will keep it.

P.S. the SR241 does just fine on pavement as well!

The Shinko 241 only comes in tube type. There's no such thing as a tubeless version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Current bikes 2016 KTM 500 EXC, 2016 Yamaha TW 200

I have the Shriko -244's on the front of both my Tw's, I love them, I believe there 5.10 width. With the new Tw34's on the rears they are Sweet.
    I have mine geared so low that top speed is 45 mph. 35 mph. with out rapping the heck out of them, so bouncing is not a issue for me.
    My first gear is a granny, I start out in second most of the time, when I do need first gear they will climb a tree.
    Last edited by cowboyjeff; 04-29-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Wish I had enough off road trails to justify turning my tw into a mountain goat like some of you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcruarceri View Post
    Wish I had enough off road trails to justify turning my tw into a mountain goat like some of you guys.
    TWs come stock with all the "Mountain Goat" you will need. Come NW my friend and take some of the seasonal use roads found just 100 mile from you. The lower Catskills has plenty of great rides for a TW.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    1989 Lowe Lunker

I'm in the pipe dream phase of planning a tw tour to the Catskills and maybe high point nj. The new rear sprocket makes the bike a little bit more highway friendly, since it is two hours drive for me to just get off the island.
    jtomelliott49 and Ken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcruarceri View Post
    I'm in the pipe dream phase of planning a tw tour to the Catskills and maybe high point nj. The new rear sprocket makes the bike a little bit more highway friendly, since it is two hours drive for me to just get off the island.
    I was in Port Jervis this morning and looking right at high point. I can be in all three states, NY, NJ and PA in minutes from my house. Going to where you live from my home turf is about the same as going to San Francisco and I hate both of those destinations. I could send you on a nice 50 mile run with a few miles of pavement and on to a bunch of old coach paths perfect for the Dub. Gorgeous scenery up here and unlike the NY you know.

GaryL
    Tuber, jtomelliott49 and Ken like this.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links