New Shinko 241 up front. - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: New Shinko 241 up front.

I put 241s on both of my bikes. I had the Goldenboy and I should have burned it instead of selling it.
    Dryden-Tdub and Ken like this.
    Hello New Members. Hidden Content Please update in (Settings) (Edit Profile) (Location)where you are from. The best part of our Forum is meeting new members.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Tcruarceri View Post
    ... just wasn't sure if I had accidentally brought the tubeless version (if such a thing exists) and had it mounted with a tube. .......45 indicated (changed rear sprocket, not sure what actual speed is)...
    I got 4 quick little rides under my belt after I bought my TW last fall, asked for a 241 for Christmas, WOW what a difference. Admittedly, the TW is the first motorcycle I've ridden, ever, so while I didn't know how much 'squirm' I should experience with ANY front tire, it's way less squirmy than it was.

Don't know if there IS a tubeless version, but mine is clearly marked "Tube Type" in raised letters. Yours likely is also, if it'll help you sleep better. Likely there's only the one model though.

And although it seems like everyone's TW speedo reads wrong, sprocket changes won't affect the speedo as it runs off the front tire. Only the overall height of the front tire will. My 241 is a little taller than my stock death wing was, and my speedo was reading high, so it's actually reading closer to reality now than with the death wing but still out nearly 10% at around 100km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I was in Port Jervis this morning and looking right at high point. I can be in all three states, NY, NJ and PA in minutes from my house. Going to where you live from my home turf is about the same as going to San Francisco and I hate both of those destinations. I could send you on a nice 50 mile run with a few miles of pavement and on to a bunch of old coach paths perfect for the Dub. Gorgeous scenery up here and unlike the NY you know.

GaryL
    I'm far enough east on the island it's a little nicer then the giant suburb that is most of it. But if I get that way I might bug you for the coordinates on some of the trails that way.
    jtomelliott49, Ken and socalnative like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I was in Port Jervis this morning and looking right at high point. I can be in all three states, NY, NJ and PA in minutes from my house. Going to where you live from my home turf is about the same as going to San Francisco and I hate both of those destinations. I could send you on a nice 50 mile run with a few miles of pavement and on to a bunch of old coach paths perfect for the Dub. Gorgeous scenery up here and unlike the NY you know.

GaryL
    we used to have a BMW rally right near Port Jervis.. would ride into town to the local beer depot, and check out the military surplus store
    jtomelliott49 and Ken like this.
    2005 Tdub

Quote Originally Posted by Tuber View Post
    we used to have a BMW rally right near Port Jervis.. would ride into town to the local beer depot, and check out the military surplus store
    Funny Tuber. I was in PJ just to go to the beer depot which BTW is not too far from the DQ where you met me to by the cycle rack on your bike. The military surplus store is still there but pretty short on military surplus stuff these days and mostly just a knife shop. This is what we call Tri States and in less than 1 mile you can be in NY, NJ and PA and in one spot you can stand on penny rock and be in all three states at the same time. I've never been to it but they claim it is there and is possible when the water level in the Delaware river is right.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Anyone have a pic of this tire mounted? Like to see how it looks. I am in need of tires very soon. Thanks

dwil4 I went out to take a couple pictures for you, after looking close I see where I have the 244's X 5.10 Not the 241's like I thought. LOL. I will say I love the ones that I have.
    Ken and Tweaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwil4 View Post
    Anyone have a pic of this tire mounted? Like to see how it looks. I am in need of tires very soon. Thanks

Purple likes this.

Thank you for the pic..

I successfully installed my first motorcycle tire! Put the Shinko 241 on the front. Was a bit of a struggle removing the old, ripped the tube. Fortunately Padilen sent me a tip to have a spare tube on hand. Put 50 miles on it yesterday it definitely made a difference with the many sandy trails I ride near Baldwin MI. This forum is great!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links