Miles per tank? - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Miles per tank?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post
    P.S. - if you want an entertaining preview of the trail and see my crazy cousin conquer it on a sports bike, check out Pursuit Horizon | Pursuit Horizon - A Motorcycle Adventure Documentary

Ill be checking that out! Your cousin is a her correct? As in conquering it on Her Sports Bike?
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    XT225 - 1999 Serow... (Now in the Coral!) Yay
    TW200Z - 2010
    BW200 - 1986
    TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 - 2017

That is featherpluckin baddassery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    Some must watch while others must sleep.
    2013 TW 200
    2014 NC700x
    2016 k1600gt
    2016 TW 200

1.3 gal rotopack out back - less expensive than larger tank up front which is not needed most of the time and adds additional time (money) to mount / make it work. May balance bike better then 1-2 galls out back but only for a little while until they are emptied into the main tank. My nod for spare tanks / rotopack: Can use on the quads (or other toys) too.
    Xaman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

On this same topic, can anyone confirm if the capacity includes reserve or if there's 7L 'main', and then another 1.7L reserve? Or is it a 7L tank with a 6.3L 'main' and a 1.7L reserve.....?

Fuel tank capacity:
    7.0L (1.85 US gal) (1.54 imp. gal)

Fuel reserve amount:
    1.7L (0.45 US gal) (0.37 imp. gal)

Quote Originally Posted by GCFishguy View Post
    On this same topic, can anyone confirm if the capacity includes reserve or if there's 7L 'main', and then another 1.7L reserve? Or is it a 7L tank with a 6.3L 'main' and a 1.7L reserve.....?

Fuel tank capacity:
    7.0L (1.85 US gal) (1.54 imp. gal)

Fuel reserve amount:
    1.7L (0.45 US gal) (0.37 imp. gal)
    1.85 is the total the tank will hold when filled to the top. When you get to the reserve you have just under a half gallon left in the tank. How far you can go until you run out completely is a matter of how hard you are running and a lot of things can affect the end results such as being on flat ground. Even when the bike runs completely out of fuel there probably is still a little left that can't be accessed by the petcock tube. You can possibly tip the bike to the left so any remaining fuel flows over to the side where the pick up tubes on the petcock can siphon it to the carb.

My experience has been fairly steady with the fuel. I set the trip meter to zero when I fill the tank and right around the 80 mile mark I usually had to switch to the reserve. At that point I was pretty sure I had about 25 miles left to find a gas station or re fuel. I never actually ran it dry so this is just my experience and not to be depended on. Some here say they average around 75 miles per gallon when the bike is running well and not pushed very hard. Your best way to know your bike would be to carry an extra half gallon externally and run it until you need the reserve marking the mileage and then run it on reserve until you run dry and mark that mileage. From there you will have to make a judgement call depending if you are running easy on flat ground and pavement or in rough trails which will eat fuel quicker. I always considered right around 100 miles on the trip meter and it is time to get fuel.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponosred Links