Shorai battery question - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Shorai battery question

I had called Battery Tender and ordered a battery and charger from Amazon before I read this thread. I will be the test dummy for a Battery Tender Lithium batteries.

3 year warranty Lithium Battery
    P/N BTL09A120C $112

Charger 800 JR $38.99
    P/N 022-0199

I just spent all my Birthday money
    Last edited by TopPredator; 04-20-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Hello New Members. Hidden Content Please update in (Settings) (Edit Profile) (Location)where you are from. The best part of our Forum is meeting new members.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    I had called Battery Tender and ordered a battery and charger from Amazon before I read this thread. I will be the test dummy for a Battery Tender Lithium batteries.

3 year warranty Lithium Battery
    P/N BTL09A120C $112

Charger 800 JR $38.99
    P/N 022-0199

I just spent all my Birthday money
    I could purchase 8 of the new batteries I just installed for that much money! Ouch.

Tom
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

I bought my 2 BT Lithiums from an Ebay seller for $79.99 each. I also checked my charge voltage, 13.7 at idle, and a steady 14.2 at 1,600 and higher RPM on the '13. Used my BT Junior charger to do the initial charge.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    I bought my 2 BT Lithiums from an Ebay seller for $79.99 each. I also checked my charge voltage, 13.7 at idle, and a steady 14.2 at 1,600 and higher RPM on the '13. Used my BT Junior charger to do the initial charge.
    Keep your receipts when I talked to BT customer support today he said they have a no hassle 3 year warranty
    Last edited by TopPredator; 04-20-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Hello New Members. Hidden Content Please update in (Settings) (Edit Profile) (Location)where you are from. The best part of our Forum is meeting new members.

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.

Rick

Just did the Battery Tender battery just like scotti158. $80. Customer support concurred that the battery tender jr will charge up the battery safely so I skipped the lithium charger. Battery seems great. No cranking the engine. I just push the button and it is running. I swear it is like instant on. Been very happy so far. Time will tell. My old lead acid wouldn't reliably start at 12.4 and I would only get one start after charging up to 12.8 or 12.9. Also think my lights are brighter but may just be trying to make myself feel better about spending cash. Was tempted to go next size up but was unsure as the dimensions say that the battery is 5.27 inches wide. I though I remember someone on here saying that they went with the next size up, can't recall who? How did it fit?
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    2007 TW200, Cycleracks, Jimbo shield, Tinman Tim racks and tool tube mount, Shinko 244 in 5.10, Protaper ATV mid handlebars, Tusk D-flex hand guards, e-bay steel pegs

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I think my battery is on the way out. I have bought 3 batteries in the last 3 years. Two failed to hold a load after a few months and the third, a friend ruined with a battery charger he hooked up for me and accidently switched it to 6 volts.

Question is, are these really the best? I see they have a 5 year guarantee on their website. I'm tired having to go get batteries.

Can I use my regular charger? It charges from 0 to 1.5 amps.

I also read about cold weather starting and to let the battery warm up a little by leaving the headlight on for a little while before cranking it over. In my case, the headlight does not come on unless the engine is running, so that isn't an option.

These cost as much as the three batteries I bought over the last 3 years.

I do like the fact that they have many more cold cranking amps than the stockers and folks also say they crank over faster.

Opinions?

I'm looking at their #LFX09L2-BS12 Is this what you would use?
    I bought the LFX14L2-BS12 Extreme - have a few accessories and it works great. Colds starts like a champ and I never leave headlights to on to warm it up. Bought because my stock battery struggled in cold. I bought the lithium battery tender because I occ leave my lights on and run my battery dead. No complaints only good things.

I've always wanted a shorai but after reading how their customer service is I'm changing my mind. Now you guys are starting to convince me that battery tender lithiums are the way to go. You could buy two for the price of the shorai and it sounds like they do have good customer support. I like the cca of 120, it's a decent amount higher than my agm which only has 80 cca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Current bikes 2016 KTM 500 EXC, 2016 Yamaha TW 200

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links