New old guy - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: New old guy

Welcome aboard. I turned 68 last March and, also, enjoy the TW culture. It has gotten me into the old 60's bikes again. I am working on an "old school" patina Ace 100 Hodaka (rebuilt engine, trans, and forks but no new paint.) And, just this week a friend dropped off a 1966 Honda Trail 90 that needed awakening.
    Last edited by fishguy; 04-23-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Welcome.
    Good luck on your search. They're out there but make sure you have cash on hand because they sell fast.
    True that!! Saw one was posted for sale at 12:48 pm, I contacted seller at 1:04 pm it's sold!! Boo
    Now the good. I found a 2013 with under 700 miles for sale. The seller had one offer and I told him I would pay his asking price 2850 if bike was as he stayed. Yay! Im not quite sure how or when I'll get it home though. It's near Nashville tn and I'm driving from Memphis on Sunday. I'm going there to scope out housing and business feasibility as I am moving from Memphis later this summer and Hendersonville is a potential candidate. So, I don't really want to pay the guy and leave the bike with him but it won't fit in my VW Golf. I'm thinking perhaps the local dealer will keep it for me if I give them a work order to install did x ring chain and Shinko front tire. I don't have any friends with a pickup so I could just rent one in a week or so to pick it up after they are done.

If I really like the area and make a decision on moving there end of June, I would just store it there somewhere like a mini storage place. Anyway I look forward to becoming a TW owner. As we know it may or may not be there. Guy might sell it before I arrive. Fingers Crossed!!!
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Welcome from a fellow newbie, age 67.

I live about 4 mi from the TN line, in N GA. Copperhill, TN is right up the road from me.

If you ever feel like heading this way, lots of logging/fire trails nearby.

Let me know.
    Howsbentley likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links