New Owner in N GA
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: New Owner in N GA

New Owner in N GA

Hi guys!

Over the years, since about 1966 I've owned dirt bikes of various sizes: Yamaha DT1 250, Honda XL350, Yamaha XT500, BMW R100GS, Suzuki DRZ400S and culminating in a 2005 KTM 950 Adventure. But recently, at 67 the KTM just started to feel a bit intimidating in its weight and size. I think I'm at that phase in life where smaller might be better, where just puttering around in the dirt is starting to sound good. As such, out with the KTM and in with a Yamaha TW200! I spent a few weeks looking for a choice used one not too far away, barely missing one nearby. Decided with the proceeds from the KTM sale I could really afford a new one. So, picking it up Monday at Blue Ridge Yamaha if all goes well.

KTM finding a new home (guess which one is me!):

Getting properly downsized:

Oh, and on a whim we picked up a little something for Karen, my wife, to play with as well:

Anyway, you guys already have me thinking about mods, and I don't even have the bike yet - more fuel, front tire swap, seat mod, etc etc. But a good cardinal rule is to ride a new bike as is until one sees what really needs changing, so that's what I plan on doing.

As an aside, I'm also a member over on ADVRider.com.

We live in a gorgeous part of the world, just a few miles from an extensive trail system of logging trails all along the Ocoee in E TN. We also recently bought a few acres on an airstrip in Lenoir City, TN, and that's where the bike may eventually end up based.

Hope to touch base with some of you rogues in the near future and getting dirty. Also have tools and a HandyLift at the N GA house if anyone wants to put together an impromptu tech session one day.

Ride Safe!
    Ken, Tweaker, cowboyjeff and 4 others like this.

Welcome to the asylum Eddie …..

Good looking KTM you (had) there – but you’re right – perhaps time for a change

You’ll find the TW a load of fun, and a great choice for just “exploring” on without the adrenalin rush from going at speed – (mind you, given some of Fred’s videos, there are plenty of opportunities for those “heart in mouth” moments)

You’ll have more opportunities for shared experiences if you fill in your profile a bit more (location), but there’s time for that

Any questions, we’re here to help …….
    Ken and cowboyjeff like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 5000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007

Thanks! I could have sworn I filled in my profile. Maybe forgot to hit "Submit" - would not be the first time!
    Ken, Purple and cowboyjeff like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Awesome, you'll love it! What a great repotuah of bikes you've had. You'll still love the t-dub. If I would have to have only one, it would be a dub. Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
    Hi guys!

Over the years, since about 1966 I've owned dirt bikes of various sizes: Yamaha DT1 250, Honda XL350, Yamaha XT500, BMW R100GS, Suzuki DRZ400S and culminating in a 2005 KTM 950 Adventure. But recently, at 67 the KTM just started to feel a bit intimidating in its weight and size. I think I'm at that phase in life where smaller might be better, where just puttering around in the dirt is starting to sound good. As such, out with the KTM and in with a Yamaha TW200! I spent a few weeks looking for a choice used one not too far away, barely missing one nearby. Decided with the proceeds from the KTM sale I could really afford a new one. So, picking it up Monday at Blue Ridge Yamaha if all goes well.

KTM finding a new home (guess which one is me!):

Getting properly downsized:

Oh, and on a whim we picked up a little something for Karen, my wife, to play with as well:

Anyway, you guys already have me thinking about mods, and I don't even have the bike yet - more fuel, front tire swap, seat mod, etc etc. But a good cardinal rule is to ride a new bike as is until one sees what really needs changing, so that's what I plan on doing.

As an aside, I'm also a member over on ADVRider.com.

We live in a gorgeous part of the world, just a few miles from an extensive trail system of logging trails all along the Ocoee in E TN. We also recently bought a few acres on an airstrip in Lenoir City, TN, and that's where the bike may eventually end up based.

Hope to touch base with some of you rogues in the near future and getting dirty. Also have tools and a HandyLift at the N GA house if anyone wants to put together an impromptu tech session one day.

Ride Safe!
    Ken and cowboyjeff like this.
    Make TW200 Forums Great Again!
    My Hobby Site and Tech Articles : Hidden Content

Youre also very lucky your wife now has two wheels to ride!
    Ken, Tweaker and cowboyjeff like this.
    Make TW200 Forums Great Again!
    My Hobby Site and Tech Articles : Hidden Content

Ken
    Welcome. The TW are fun bikes. If your wife rides it once she'll want one.
    JerseyJeeper and cowboyjeff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Welcome. The TW are fun bikes. If your wife rides it once she'll want one.
    Yeah, that's true

Pretend somethings wrong with it .......
    Tweaker, chuckgarrett, Ken and 1 others like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 5000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007

Great choices. You will enjoy them. We enjoy ours. Pretty day today but windy in middle GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken likes this.

2 great choices, good luck keeping up with her. As long as you know the " short cuts " you got it nailed. ��
    Last edited by upnovr; 05-06-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    Ken likes this.

Congrats! I'm downsizing too, looking forward to a slower pace and taking time to smell the roses.

You really do live in an absolutely beautiful area for riding. I try to make it out that way 1-2 times per year. I'd love to touch base after you find some roads and trails fitting for tw200 exploration.

Ride safe.
    Tweaker and Ken like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links