• 2 Post By admiral
  • 3 Post By Ken
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By GCFishguy
  • 2 Post By Tuber
  • 2 Post By PlacerLode

Thread: Help 2017 tw tool kit?

Help 2017 tw tool kit?

Does anyone know if my brand new 2017tw was supposed to come with a tool kit?

yes under the side panel but they can forget to add them and they are so chincy I immediately take them out of all my TW's
    Ken likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie" - " TW-Palooza Moab 2017"

Hidden Content

Yes, see item #29 on the frame schematic below.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/6

Welcome to the forum!
    PlacerLode likes this.
    site:tw200forum.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank you I didn't even know that panel came off. I know the tools are always cheap in those kits that's why I started setting up a tool roll that will stay with the bike
    PlacerLode likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake1761 View Post
    Does anyone know if my brand new 2017tw was supposed to come with a tool kit?
    Welcome. The sad part about this is the sales staff not telling you about the location of the toolkit. Oh, sure you could have read it in the owners manual and all while at home after riding hours (because we don't read during riding time right? ha ha), but still, they should go over the bike a little better for us. I suppose they think we're all on the same experience level when it comes to these things and we're not. Have fun riding your new 2017 TW!
    Ken and PlacerLode like this.

Ken
    That's a good one Admiral. When I bought my TW, 1995. I was looking for a used bike, my first one. I had no idea of prices so I first check out new prices. Some used are as much as new ones. I was calling around and the dealer said they had a 200 with 125 miles, though I was really looking for a 250. I went to check it out right before closing time. I bought it, writing them a check, the TW200 I still have. Funny part, I told them I had no way to get it home. The one worker lived near me and followed me home, pulled it out of his truck and took off. I only operated a minibike before. It's a good thing I had some mechanical knowledge. I found the choke, started it up and off I went. I found out the first day never downshift into first, the tire went sliding. The dealer had told me 0. I later also found out the helmet I bought from them was about 2 sizes to big. The dealers should really learn to evaluate their customers better to benefit all.
    Fred, admiral and PlacerLode like this.

Good story Ken. In my enthusiasm I would have ridden the bike home then later figured out how to retrieve the car. But then I am an excitable guy.
    Ken, Tweaker and PlacerLode like this.
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

Thank you I didn't even know that panel came off. I know the tools are always cheap in those kits that's why I started setting up a tool roll that will stay with the bike
    Don't forget to be realistic about what you actually need, and what you'd actually use out on the trail. Something that's always worked good for me with ATVs and stuff is to use the tools you carry with you to do any repairs and maintenance. You'll get a real good idea of the stuff that's just taking up space and the stuff you actually need but aren't carrying.
    Ken likes this.

check out some of the sticky posts and do a search for 'tools', you can find some discussions we have had about what tools to carry. A lot depends on your riding. Some guys here carry a roll around worth of tools. One fellow I knew from Chicago, back in my BMW rally days, had a huge Harro tank bag, and the bottom half was full of tools . He could do a lot of work on the side of the road. But I would say a must carry is some kind of multi-tool, Leatherman or Gerber
    PlacerLode and Ken like this.
    2005 Tdub

gives new meaning to the term "rollaway" lol
    Tweaker and Ken like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie" - " TW-Palooza Moab 2017"

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links