TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

The latest "TW" article

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TWrider 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
After 30 years of us whining about a 6th gear, another 50cc's and various other little things, I think we can give up hope now. :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Nice to see they added the electric start in 2001. All you guys with pre 2001 TWs have a ghost red button that works off some mysterious other power source but those with 2001 and newer can't kick it.

I can appreciate that some people can write good articles about various motorcycles but in all honesty they don't know squat about this one like we do here. I would be impressed if Yamaha would just make the kick start an optional accessory at right around $200 and dealer installed.

GaryL

#10 ·
#11 ·
The design is actually LATE seventies, and the very first model came without a kick start!!! , the 1981 SR185. The kick version came the next year in the XT, and it was first combined on the Bigwheel 200 in 1986. They were combined again for the TW200 in 1987 and then the Serow and then the TTR225. (there is probably JDM and foreign versions I'm omitting)
I'm not sure there is any other engine design with longer continuous production (street legal) with the exception of the Honda Z50 based designs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.