What have you done with your TW today? - Page 318
Close

Page 318 of 337 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3365
Like Tree7043Likes

Thread: What have you done with your TW today?

Thanks, Fred. It doesn't feel very "capable" sitting on the jack stand, though! It was about 65 degree's here yesterday, I really wanted to fire that thing up and go for a ride. Funny how someone else's mod's tend to create unanticipated consequences waiting, waiting, waiting for parts.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

20170312_163448_small.gif20170312_165737_small.gif
    Went camping in the Wichita Mountains near Lawton Oklahoma this weekend and had a chance to take the TW out for a ride. Great ride, lots of beautiful twisty roads.
    2006 TW200, Shinko 244 4.60-18 Front Tire, Bridgestone TW34 180/80-14 Rear Tire, Cyclerack Rear Rack, Jimbo Windscreen, Krator Footpegs, Coleman Seat Cover, GPS

Quote Originally Posted by BkCntryCrwlr View Post
    Thanks, Fred. It doesn't feel very "capable" sitting on the jack stand, though! It was about 65 degree's here yesterday, I really wanted to fire that thing up and go for a ride. Funny how someone else's mod's tend to create unanticipated consequences waiting, waiting, waiting for parts.
    I got the holes cut on the rim and the modified hub assembly passes through nicely. During the rim mod process, I even got to use a hammer, yahoo! I drill holes like you did and then used a hammer & chisel to pound out the tabs to be removed. Then I used a rotary stone to smooth the cut areas out. Now I have to paint the rim, put in the bearings, then mount the Ceros on the rim. I didn't take any pictures since you've shown some good ones already.

We also went for a short ride. The warmer temps were nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I got the holes cut on the rim and the modified hub assembly passes through nicely. During the rim mod process, I even got to use a hammer, yahoo! I drill holes like you did and then used a hammer & chisel to pound out the tabs to be removed. Then I used a rotary stone to smooth the cut areas out. Now I have to paint the rim, put in the bearings, then mount the Ceros on the rim. I didn't take any pictures since you've shown some good ones already.

We also went for a short ride. The warmer temps were nice.
    Glad to hear your making progress, Admiral. Can't wait to see this pink beauty all mounted and rolling!
    admiral, littletommy and Ken like this.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

After a recent power ramming encounter with strong brush Betty's break snake got several strands of aircraft cable broken. So I replaced brake snake with thicker coated aircraft cable for a cleaner, stronger installation. Still trying to figure out something similar for the shifter side short of avoiding going off trail on my left side.. I might upgrade Mr.Gizmo's break snake Gerry installed to this new style as it looks both clean and strong.
    littletommy, Ken and SanDue like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Nothing, to busy clearing the driveway If it wasn't 70 10 days ago, it wouldn't seem so cruel!

IMG_1811.JPG
    2002 TW200
    1998 DR350
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

Waiting on parts... I've got a duro, 132 link x ring, swingarm, new fuel cap, and helmet pads coming this week. I'm experimenting with bolt on swingarm extensions but I will do a weld in 2" jic. We have almost hit 70 in the last few weeks, and it was 5 last night. Expecting over a foot of snow tomorrow so now rush I suppose.
    TW-Brian, littletommy, Ken and 1 others like this.

Ken
    About 50 - 70 here today. I rode to my Mom's. I was contemplating putting a blaster shock on but I don't want the backend up 4". I have a blaster shock available for sale if any one is interested. $30.00 Please read cautions about this mod before considering. I had a great ride. Finally a place I got the throttle wide open, it hit about 65mph.
    littletommy and BkCntryCrwlr like this.

Love this site/hate this site! Great info) expensive ? I decided to follow the many folks suggestion to switch out the front tire...Went with a 241. Will be installing tomorrow with tire irons I ordered with the tire. Will be the first time since I was a kid, but, I gotta be prepared on the trail...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Got my 42 tooth sprocket; mounted and test rode it. Now about to go swap it for the 65 tooth for Moab.

Sponosred Links