What have you done with your TW today? - Page 319
Close

Page 319 of 322 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3220
Like Tree6534Likes

Thread: What have you done with your TW today?

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Got my 42 tooth sprocket; mounted and test rode it. Now about to go swap it for the 65 tooth for Moab.

Ordered krator pegs and a new LED headlight. Finally was able to unearth the rear rack out of storage and get it all bolted on. The buildup to getting out to the mountains is killing me. Hit up the hotsprings southeast of Missoula this past weekend. Awesome country, cant wait to do a little exploring on the TW out that way.
    Ken, littletommy, Tweaker and 2 others like this.

IMG_3450.JPGOne thing about playing in Maine are the snow conditions are always changing. I encountered something I have have rarely encountered before. Northern Maine has 3 feet of snow on the ground and I could ride the TW anywhere! We have been getting rain that has soaked into the snowpack and has made the snow so hard that you virtually need a pickaxe to penetrate it. The front tire of the TW would penetrate about ˝” and the rear would penetrate about 2”. I was riding down these survey lines that were cut straight through the woods, and the woods are damn rough in Maine. Talk about some fun mistah! It was almost like the rougher it was, the more fun. The hard snow had just enough give to take the sharpness out of the jolts. The only issues were the 2nd pass down the same trail was a little more squirrely, as the previous tire track was now 2” of loose corn snow. I also had to be careful that I didn’t encounter too much of a steep hill, as the bike was mildly continuously spinning, as it chewed up the hard corn snow. I likely would have spun to a stop, but there was little threat of burying the bike up to the frame. I would just as soon not encounter that ever again, as a buried TW is painfully helpless.

I will probably never encounter snow conditions quite like this in my lifetime where I can go anywhere on the TW. Usually what happens is I can go where the snowmobiles have gone or where the strong spring sun has worked the snow out in the open and it freezes solid overnight. Usually under the trees and deep in the woods is always too soft. What a gift these snow conditions were. And to think I spent most of the weekend riding my ATV before I discovered how incredible TWing was. I do have a strategy for the future – pack the wet snow on these woods trails with a snowmobile, then have at it the next morning once it has frozen solid. But like all great plans, work always seems to get in the way of play. And of course now there's a foot of fresh powder covering that sweet hard snow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Today I just sat on my TW and made engine sounds...sorta like my grandkids do. VRRROOOM-VRRROOOOM! As Al Sharpton would say, "way too much white stuff around here".
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Went trailblazing in the woods, hit a hidden stump, wiped out and bent my brake pedal into a graceful but impractical S shape. I seem to have a penchant for bending brake pedals, so always have a spare on hand. Easy replacement, back out riding in an hour. I`m loving the TW--it not only rides trails, it makes them.

Ken
    I just putted around a little locally today. The other day, my new IMS shifter almost dropped off. Ever since hitting that dog. I got the bright idea to drill a hole through the shift shaft, shifter and all then put a roll pin through it. The down side is there is a high probability of snapping off a bit. Instead I drilled a hole through half of the shfter and tapped it out. I then put a set screw in it. I glued it all together with red locktight. I put the locktight on the shifter and shift shaft, on the set screw and on the tightening screw. It doesn't move at all. I do have the option to remove it with about 500f heat if needed. My other Yamaha shifter is sloppy also. I think I will do the same. I wish I would have thought of the set screw a long time ago. So much torque now from the Chinese cam my clutches are slipping. I'm waiting for them to come in.
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.

Do you you have a thread on that torqey cam somewhere? I must have missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I just putted around a little locally today. The other day, my new IMS shifter almost dropped off. Ever since hitting that dog. I got the bright idea to drill a hole through the shift shaft, shifter and all then put a roll pin through it. The down side is there is a high probability of snapping off a bit. Instead I drilled a hole through half of the shfter and tapped it out. I then put a set screw in it. I glued it all together with red locktight. I put the locktight on the shifter and shift shaft, on the set screw and on the tightening screw. It doesn't move at all. I do have the option to remove it with about 500f heat if needed. My other Yamaha shifter is sloppy also. I think I will do the same. I wish I would have thought of the set screw a long time ago. So much torque now from the Chinese cam my clutches are slipping. I'm waiting for them to come in.
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Do you you have a thread on that torqey cam somewhere? I must have missed it!

http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/36345-cheap-chinese-cam.html
    JerseyJeeper, littletommy and Ken like this.
    Quote "When today's politicians tell us that we need to give up our 2nd amendment constitutional rights in order to appease the enemy, when we are being lead down a path that will give our citizen rights to illegal aliens, when the 5th amendment is ignored and we have no idea who has the authority to put names on terrorist watch lists, no-fly lists or any other sort of black-ball list, then it's time to throw them all out."
    Ski Pro3

Gen:27:3

Mongo say "Torque is Good"
    Ken likes this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Betty Boop got her sand-foot side stand extender with anti-slip silicone pads for Moab's sand and slick rock all painted and installed. Old steel one tended to slide on rocky surfaces. Silicone seemed to grab rock OK on a dusk ride I just returned from. Other than stinky oil burning off cylinder head from the oil change weep bolt Betty is running very well.
    Amazing to be out after dark in March, 60 degrees, no coat, LEDs blazing away while negotiating flood eroded back roads. Fun stuff!
    There is little of my picnic beach left, just one lonely bench. High runoff from melting snow continues to chew on stuff around here.
    Last edited by Fred; 03-17-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    Ken, Tweaker, Dryden-Tdub and 2 others like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Sponosred Links