What have you done with your TW today? - Page 333
Close

Page 333 of 337 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3365
Like Tree7043Likes

Thread: What have you done with your TW today?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Does look like I must spend a lot of time running into stuff.
    Attachment 102922
    Guess poor Betty Boop does get drug off the occasional too tall rock or log.
    Maybe I should get my eyes checked or take some riding lessons.

EDIT: Group riders have occasionally questioned some of my “Easy Trail” rankings but these gouges mostly come from the “Not So Easy” trails.
    Trying to keep up with you is an effort lol. Love riding with you Fred. I think Miss Betty has some words for you though.
    Mattwings, Tweaker and elime like this.

I've only had my TW for a month and a half, but I took the advice I was given by several helpful members here and I now have a new shinko 241 front tire and wps handguards. The tire is on and it seems great so far. Still need to install the hg's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Snuck out for some afternoon fun exploring old logging roads in the Dog Valley area.
    Lots of snowmelt runoff makes things soft. Today's stock tire suffers in these conditions compared to the Duro ATV tire on Betty Boop.
    Lots of frogs up at 7000 ft snow ponds was nice since they are endangered elsewhere in the Sierras.
    It was very nice to get out.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Shifter Lever's

I had installed an IMS 317314 Flightline Folding Shift Lever that was the same length as the stock shifter for the advantage of the folding tip. As it turns out, with the larger "Beer Trap" pegs and my riding boots, it was very cramped shifting. I finally caved in and bought a Moose Racing #1602-0121 shifter which is about 3/4" longer than the stock length. This is for a YZ125/250 but fits the TW perfectly as other members have pointed out.

After riding today with my Fly Racing Maverick boots (size 10) the shifter works really well. It provides a much more natural shift length vs. the stock length. One thing I will say about the Moose Racing shifter is that the spring is much stiffer than the IMS which I think is a plus. The Moose shifter is a big improvement if your feeling cramped with the stock length.

From Left to Right - Moose Racing shifter, IMS shifter, Stock shifter:

IMG_6376.JPG

A couple more pic's with the Moose Racing Shifter:

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG
    Last edited by BkCntryCrwlr; 05-19-2017 at 10:08 PM.
    Fred, TW-Brian, Tweaker and 3 others like this.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

IMG_8687.JPGPut the cheap e-bay hand guards on today. They'll do just fine.
    Tweaker and Ken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCntryCrwlr View Post
    I had installed an IMS 317314 Flightline Folding Shift Lever that was the same length as the stock shifter for the advantage of the folding tip. As it turns out, with the larger "Beer Trap" pegs and my riding boots, it was very cramped shifting. I finally caved in and bought a Moose Racing #1602-0121 shifter which is about 3/4" longer than the stock length. This is for a YZ125/250 but fits the TW perfectly as other members have pointed out.

After riding today with my Fly Racing Maverick boots (size 10) the shifter works really well. It provides a much more natural shift length vs. the stock length. One thing I will say about the Moose Racing shifter is that the spring is much stiffer than the IMS which I think is a plus. The Moose shifter is a big improvement if your feeling cramped with the stock length.

From Left to Right - Moose Racing shifter, IMS shifter, Stock shifter:

A couple more pic's with the Moose Racing Shifter:

IMG_6380.JPG

I might have to cave someday too as I wear the same boot and size you do. I've gotten used to the stock shorty but I don't want to be known as someone stubborn so I try to stay flexible. I'm sure I'm still stubborn on most things though.

Admiral - I fought the stock length IMS for a couple years but took a chance. The extra length does help. You've got company on the "stubborn" issue, I'm sure I'm right there with you.
    Ken and admiral like this.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

Ken
    I went for a ride to my Mom's. I didn't remember how these things buzzzzzzz your hands at high speeds. I love the snappy take offs but high speed just isn't there. It seems 1 minute it'll hit around 65-70 the next is only 60. It is all fun.
    admiral and Tweaker like this.

What have you done with your TW today?

So over the course of last week or so I built a table/workbench. I plan on putting some casters on soon to roll the bench around.

I've installed a new 241. Easy to spoon on. I think in the dirt the tire could use more knob, however, for riding a dirt/gravel/pavement all day mix, this tire is really good.

I installed a fuel filter. While I was there I routed the carb hose that runs down the back of the engine, up under the tank. This is the hose that kills the engine when plugged, as in when going through a puddle.

I completed the 49 state mod which left me a nice bracket for the oil cooler. I let the bike idle for about 15 min and measured, on the brass fittings of the cooler, about 10 degree difference between the in and out. Nice!

I did the 'rear brake switch' mod. I actually just turned it around which tucked it in a bit more.

Corrected the clutch return spring.

And installed some handlebar risers. I went with the 'blemished' Rox Risers. Saved a couple bucks. Not much scratching on them for them to be 'blemished'. I should have gotten the anti-vibe risers. I don't know why I didn't. Love these though.
    The hose with a whitish tywrap on the frame neck is the vent for the tank. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that. I was thinking about leaving it like that with a vent cap. I'm leaning towards plugging the hole underneath and switching the gas cap to a moto style one with the little dicktube poking up. Not sure yet. Suggestions anyone?

Took her out today, did about 25 miles in about 3 hours. I'm really enjoying this bike.
    Thanks for everyone's input here. This forum is a really nice medium for information.
    Last edited by chuckgarrett; 05-21-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Mel, Fred, Dryden-Tdub and 1 others like this.

Hey chuck I think your carb vent can get plugged by gas like a sink trap. Most deep water mods have a y so any fluids can drain out the bottom yet still get air from the top.
    Dryden-Tdub and Ken like this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Sponosred Links