Who rode their bike today? Where at? How hot or cold was it?? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree8589Likes

Thread: Who rode their bike today? Where at? How hot or cold was it??

A ride to the village today, truck is in the garage for repair so checking on progress. The temperature is 7C (44.6F). Snow on the Sierra Nevada mountains in the distance (Southern Spain).
    Jeff

Iznajar

Cordoba

Spain

TW200 2005

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmarklay View Post
    You know I did and we are neighbors. I was a bit nippy but I anticipate tomorrows commute will be even colder. I picked up a neoprene face shield today to add to by winter attire. I may have to get some heated bits of this keeps up.
    O yeah, I know you did. Have you been outside this morning yet? Brrrrr I have been thinking about one of those masks too lately. I wear a half helmet and still have not put on the ear covers. If the sun shines today, I am going out again. I can only make it about 30 minutes max, probably less today...Brrrrr Stay warm-drive safe my friend.

It's 20 or lower right now. Wind chill chart says at 20 degrees, at 35mph=0 this morning. Steve, thats getting pretty cold.
    Last edited by littletommy; 11-21-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    stephenmarklay likes this.

I am getting my first peek at it now Commuting is not big deal. I am only 10 miles to work. If my skin is covered I will be fine. I wear a full face helmet (Arai XD4) which is good but it does let a lot of air pass from below. I have a neck gaiter and now the neoprene mask to cover my nose etc.

Hand guards do seem to help the hands a bit and I picked up some $20 gloves at the general store which are pretty warm. They are also made of what looks to be a ballistic style nylon (or polyester) so they actually look like they may offer protection. They have little pockets for hand warmers too. Today I will pre-warm the gloves!

Roads should be clear which is good. I spent some time siping my tires and I do want to check that out in the snow however.
    littletommy likes this.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in Iznajar View Post
    A ride to the village today, truck is in the garage for repair so checking on progress. The temperature is 7C (44.6F). Snow on the Sierra Nevada mountains in the distance (Southern Spain).
    i lived in granada 20-odd years ago.... winters in the shadows of the sierra nevadas = damn cold. that said spring in las alpujarras is beautiful. welcome to the forum

like tony, yesterday was a little to wet for commuting on two-wheels.
    littletommy likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

around 7c here today however im expecting it to turn real cold soon. our real cold here is just dipping in to the minus figures.

I 100% will be riding mine through the lot! ive got an off road day booked on the 14th which will give the bike a real test after its rebuild.

As soon as it snows the bike will be out in it!
    littletommy likes this.
    View my build/off road riding here with lots of pics and vids Hidden Content

Uk TW/ Suzuki LTZ250 off road rider only

Flat out or back out.

Rode yesterday, was in the low 40s. Not today though, was not feeling ready to cross the bridge to campus which is invariably covered in ice! Some days I am not up to the thrill...

-THE MENACE
    littletommy and Fred like this.

Being in Mississippi, I don't have to worry much about ice or snow... but I live on a dirt road and getting in and out after a good rain can be just as much fun as riding on ice...
    littletommy likes this.
    God is great and beer is good and people are crazy.

OCS, MP
    125th Company MSSG

2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2013 Tdub
    2011 Kubota L3200 4x4 with a bucket Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    like tony, yesterday was a little to wet for commuting on two-wheels.
    The wet commute I've had in SF for the last two days is definitely not how I like to spend my time on the bike, but it's either 15 minutes on the bike, or 45(+) minutes on Muni. I'll take the water.
    littletommy likes this.
    2007 TW200: OEM Black, Clarke Tank, 15/50, Shinkos 428s, Joemama Industries swingarm 2.5", X-Ring, TK/122/.020"/2.0, Dial-A-Jet, TPI, DG-R, kickstart, Seat Concepts, Joemama Industries seat bolts, Moose Racing Handguards, Jimbo Shield, RAM mounts for LG G3 and Delorme, TCI Headlight Guard, TCI Skid Plate, IMS Shift Lever, Doubletake Mirrors, Tusk Risers, ProTaper SE Raptor, wide pegs, .70/.19 springs, Happy Trail rear and pannier racks. Being lazy with my LizrdCooler and Tuff Lites...

Made it a half a hour at about 15*degrees here in Washington State with the windchill factor/mph added in.

Won't be long before I can't ride in shorts and flipflops at these temps...
    ha ha only kidding.

Rode just to ride. Shorts, tshirt mid 80's. Now if I could stop the regular diet of bugs everytime I ride... Nah, it's protein.
    littletommy and Fred like this.
    Go boldly where others dare not follow.

Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links