Who rode their bike today? Where at? How hot or cold was it?? - Page 338
Close

Page 338 of 341 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3405
Like Tree8318Likes

Thread: Who rode their bike today? Where at? How hot or cold was it??

Rode packed snomachine trails in ten degree sunshine. Dumped bike and realized why I was running carbides in my tires in the past. Ordered carbides from amazon

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sue and I struck out today for a pleasant spring ride. Temperatures around 70' sunny no wind. I always thought of Sue following me was similar to the blind leading the blind. Not true! We came upon a water crossing approximately 30ft. wide and a foot deep at it deepest point of crossing. Turns out the gravel was very loose and the rear tire had to dig its way across the stream. Done deal high and dry. Ok, now it's Sues turn! What? She won't do it! Dang Sue, why did I cross the creek? She didn't want to get her boots wet because they just dried out from the Boonville ride. I choose my return route across the creek hastily and on my way I notice a deep hole on the other side of the creek. The mountain bikers have a saying "if you look at it you will hit it". Well, as hard as I tried to avoid that hole I rode right into it. I fell over and the bike died. Bummer! Sue comes over to the edge of the creek and offers her assistance, as long as she doesn't get wet. Ha. I'm so close to the bank that she can almost reach the front tire. I stand the bike up and try to lift it out of the hole, it's still in gear. After fussing with finding neutral I still can't role the bike out. Come to find out the chain had come off and became entangled around the hub. Working under water I free the chain and together we roll it out. I don't know what I would have done without Sue there? Oh ya that's right, I would have crossed the creek and wouldn't have looked back. Haha. What is really amazing is that the TW started after the fourth try. What is really really amazing is after 30 miles a wet rider will dry. What is really, really, really amazing is it wouldn't have been fun without Sue! Great day on the dubs. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Last edited by SanDue; 03-13-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Glad you two had a great outing. Of course riding with you two is a sunny day anytime. Up here except for this last sunday it has rained everyday and the forecast isn't any different. Had a great morning though. Got up a bit early had 6 deer and of course the rooster and a couple hens in the field. Took a few pics, walked out and put some cracked corn out for the pheasants, but one deer came over and did a fairly good job of cleaning it up. Was surprised that they just gave me an eye over and didn't run off. Thing is is to not have any eye contact, They will just keep a wary eye on you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    Sue and I struck out today for a pleasant spring ride. Temperatures around 70' sunny no wind. I always thought of Sue following me was similar to the blind leading the blind. Not true! We came upon a water crossing approximately 30ft. wide and a foot deep at it deepest point of crossing. Turns out the gravel was very loose and the rear tire had to dig its way across the stream. Done deal high and dry. Ok, now it's Sues turn! What? She won't do it! Dang Sue, why did I cross the creek? She didn't want to get her boots wet because they just dried out from the Boonville ride. I choose my return route across the creek hastily and on my way I notice a deep hole on the other side of the creek. The mountain bikers have a saying "if you look at it you will hit it". Well, as hard as I tried to avoid that hole I rode right into it. I fell over and the bike died. Bummer! Sue comes over to the edge of the creek and offers her assistance, as long as she doesn't get wet. Ha. I'm so close to the bank that she can almost reach the front tire. I stand the bike up and try to lift it out of the hole, it's still in gear. After fussing with finding neutral I still can't role the bike out. Come to find out the chain had come off and became entangled around the hub. Working under water I free the chain and together we roll it out. I don't know what I would have done without Sue there? Oh ya that's right, I would have crossed the creek and wouldn't have looked back. Haha. What is really amazing is that the TW started after the fourth try. What is really really amazing is after 30 miles a wet rider will dry. What is really, really, really amazing is it wouldn't have been fun without Sue! Great day on the dubs. Dirts a Flyen SanDue

Just to put the visual of Dan riding on the pleasant spring day. I wonder what the water temperature was like.

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Got up a bit early had 6 deer in the field. one deer came over and did a fairly good job of cleaning it up. Was surprised that they just gave me an eye over and didn't run off. Thing is is to not have any eye contact, They will just keep a wary eye on you.
    If your beard is gone - they weren't worried about "Santa" capturing them and holding them in captivity for indentured service on Dec. 25th!

Got a ride in between raindrops. I HAD to get out, went along the Spokane river, got about 25 miles in. Temp was 55!! We have more rain coming for a few days, so get it while you can get it!! It felt great. I haven't been able to get out this winter hardly at all.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Little Grand Canyon, AZ 80deg

Larry

Nice Arizona creek crossing Larry. Did your bike stall there just after going throughout the deep part?
    littletommy, admiral and Ken like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Nice Arizona creek crossing Larry. Did your bike stall there just after going throughout the deep part?
    I stalled, the bike did just fine..
    :-)

Larry

I rode to the gas station to fill up and a 10 mile dirt load loop around the house, better than nothing but pretty cold at 41 degrees!
    2002 TW200
    1998 DR350
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

Sponosred Links