New guy asking why TW200? - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: New guy asking why TW200?

Ya know, I've been sort of wondering why I actually like the TW a LOT. It may be different for others, but after pondering this thread, I think I have found the answer-for me. Stress-"for me".

Dirt bikes are fun. Yes! I have ridden them for several years. But there is one thing about them, they "DEMAND" 100% attention. If less, they will toss you to the ground with glee. The TW is not that demanding. It will access very demanding trails, but will not demand your constant attention. It will allow you to absorb and enjoy your surroundings without a fit of jealousy where it trips you and throws you to the ground. The TW is very understanding of your need to become one with what is around you and very secure in it's placement in your life.

It's a good girlfriend!
    littletommy, r80rt, Mel and 3 others like this.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Check this out. These guys seem to have a whole TW gang that runs around the U.P.

littletommy likes this.
    -LRPPCER aka. WA Larry...I Live For This

2004 TW200, 128 main jet, 2 washers on the needle, 2-3/8 turns, smoke Jimbo shield, Shinko 241 trials type front tire, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip, Cycle Pumps, Custom racks, GMAX GM11D helmet, Sena SMH10, Dowco Iron Rider tank bag, Garmin etrex 20 gps, Ram mount.

See my adventure blog at...Hidden Content

littletommy likes this.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't forget TW was first and probably only motorcycle ridden to North Pole . Anyone have link for this great achievement? And TW is sooo reliable and affordable,first one I rode had over 22,000 miles and still ran strong with minimal maintainance. My 2003 has over 7,000 trail miles with no breakdowns, only replacing brakes , tires and battery when they wore out. Keep air filter, fuel and oil clean and a Tw really lasts.

Sweetwater and littletommy like this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

r80rt and littletommy like this.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

It a friendly burro that won't bite back, but take you anywhere

Unfortunately it is very hard to ride fast with a group, like a burro in a steeplechase
    CoverMe92 and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    It a friendly burro that won't bite back, but take you anywhere

Unfortunately it is very hard to ride fast with a group, like a burro in a steeplechase
    More of a "hee-haw" than a "yee-haw!" ??? :-)
    littletommy and FishByte like this.

Wow!!,(you sure can't tell we love the TW at all!) I'm attracted to TWs for all those same reasons but what is strange is I didn't know any of this stuff about them before I bought my first one. I remember looking at the one in the showroom floor that had 11 miles on it from the dealer pushing it in and out every day for 3 years before I bought it, I just saw a good looking MULE of a bike sitting there, It was friendly, stout looking, had a lack of the "Go Speed Racer" pretentiousness to it, looked like it would serve me well and not be in my wallet.

I think I agree with ronnydog on this one. I think a good number of people on this forum would look at a pair of channel-lock pliers with the same affection. or even an old tractor or a farm tool like a well made pitch fork. Many of us have had hot rod bikes in the past and now look at the bike totally separate from the concept of "Top Gun" mentality and see something simple, functional, practical, fun, and easy going.

People buy bikes for many different reasons and in different seasons. I did not want a fussy high maintenance relationship, I was looking for a friendly mule with big feet!
    I am glad I bought that mule, and found some friends to go with it!
    (HeeHaw!)
    Ride well!
    r80rt, TW-Brian, admiral and 4 others like this.
    For inquires please email me at Hidden Content for ordering info. If requesting a shield please include :NAME,FORUM NAME,PHONE #,SHIPPING ADDRESS,AND COLOR CHOICE,(Jet Black, Smoke Grey, Crystal Clear, Dark Blue, Neon Edge Glow -Light Blue & Neon Edge Glo Hi-Vis Orange )

RIDE WELL, JIMBO C.

I want to know what forks and tire he had on that.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponosred Links