New guy asking why TW200?
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: New guy asking why TW200?

New guy asking why TW200?

Why do you love the TW200, and why should I join the club? I have had Suzuki DR350 in the past. I know what I thought of that bike, and what I didn't like. I prefer to poke around off road, not speed, jump, etc. I look at the TW and don't see disk brakes, and wonder why? It just doesn't need them? How good are these at puttering around? I have always felt Yamaha had some of the most refined off road stuff, be it snowmobile, 4-wheeler, or bike. I have a place up in the U.P. Of Michigan, and I think the TW would be perfect for exploring the area. What do you think?
    Dubzha and Hoot Gibson like this.

Welcome to the forum Boss,

The TW is the king of puttering around. Models 2001 and up have a front disc brake, but no kickstarter. Does everything well except go fast. It clearly does not have Yamaha's more refined technology, but is simple, reliable, easy to work on and fun to modify to meet your personal needs. I think it would be perfect for your described needs.

Brian

Can't remember who said it...
    TW is an underpowered, undersuspended, slow, redheaded stepchild of a motorcycle. It is the only motorcycle I've ever had a dealer steer me away from. Why are they so damned cool? Simple. They always go exactly where you point them. And, you'll assuredly be the only kid on your block that has one.
    God willin' and the creek don't rise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 50short View Post
    Can't remember who said it...
    TW is an underpowered, undersuspended, slow, redheaded stepchild of a motorcycle. It is the only motorcycle I've ever had a dealer steer me away from. Why are they so damned cool? Simple. They always go exactly where you point them. And, you'll assuredly be the only kid on your block that has one.
    .... unless, like some people i know, that have MORE than one!
    CoverMe92 and Dubzha like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Great Article on "our" little TW's !

read the story on the first post by clicking on the link within
    Tweaker and Happypop like this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Easy,reliable 80's tech. It will hold 60 mph easily on the road if you need it too (it might sound like it's going to blow-up,but,it won't...not even close to it's RPM design limit's at 60 mph.). As said above,will go almost anywhere. the TW200 will carry a crap ton of gear also.
    HappyHiker and r80rt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    .... unless, like some people i know, that have MORE than one!
    Hey, I resemble that remark!
    Dubzha, joeband and Tweaker like this.

I agree with TW-Brian and Frog13 - stone simple/reliable, go almost anywhere and able to carry the kitchen sink while you're at it. Also for me the size/weight are a plus. I ride alone so if the bike falls over a bunch or falls on top of me I can pick it up or get it off of me far easier than my KLR.

Just reading your post, Boss, it tells me it's time to shop. Look around here for information. You will be able to figure out want you will want.

Welcome, and enjoy.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

Wont take a person very long on this forum to figure out how much us tdubbers like are bikes. I have had mine a little over a month and like it more every time I get the chance to ride it, all my other bikes are jealous cause I have not rode any of them since I got the tw.
    87tw,08 klr650,00dr200,76tl250,73cl175 scrambler,75tl250,76tl125,1960 cushman trailster,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links