I hope I can fill it up
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member Schmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    phila, pa
    Posts
    206

    I hope I can fill it up

    https://db.tt/6xXZGorl I'm on my way up to nnj to look at am xt225 for a friend. I also have a lead on a 98 tw. Hoping it all falls into place. Stay tuned

  2. #2
    rbm
    rbm is offline
    Senior Member rbm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,069
    Well?.....

  3. #3
    Senior Member GaryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Forestburgh, NY
    Posts
    6,027
    You could fill that up with good scores or junk. If the latter I would bring it home empty! Update required!

    GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

    2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Banned qwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NW Tennessee
    Posts
    10,665
    xt225 + tw200 + gasket set = tw225 w/ 6=speed and 5 disc clutch

    toss in a mild cam and the XT carb and you have one of the world's best motorcycles.

  6. #5
    Senior Member TW-Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    4,280
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    xt225 + tw200 + gasket set = tw225 w/ 6=speed and 5 disc clutch

    toss in a mild cam and the XT carb and you have one of the world's best motorcycles.
    That's exactly my plan for this XT225 donor bike (cam and carb will probably be phase II).

    100_3973.JPG

  7. #6
    Senior Member OurDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Posts
    814
    Do you plan on switching the front ends too?
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

  8. #7
    Senior Member Schmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    phila, pa
    Posts
    206
    https://db.tt/9Jdb84Dt 13 hrs later and we returned with a 04 xt225 for my friend. And I finally landed the elusive tw200 from milton nj that's been posted for 9 months now. He said it was a 98 in his add but it says 93 on the fork. 600 miles no title. Hung out with the guy while he pulled the carb since its been sitting for a few years. Looked clean but deff needs some work. I don't think the choke works but once it warms up it runs awesome. I wanted an extra for friends to ride so for 1200$ I'm happy. My friend ran the vin so I'm gonna take the Vermont route. The xt225 is clean as a whistle. Has some sharp ammo boxes and a soft bag on the seat. He paid 2g for that. Maybe a little high but it's nice. All in all a much needed guys day out after one hell of a busy winter. Ill post better pic tomorrow.

  9. #8
    Senior Member GaryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Forestburgh, NY
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
    https://db.tt/9Jdb84Dt 13 hrs later and we returned with a 04 xt225 for my friend. And I finally landed the elusive tw200 from milton nj that's been posted for 9 months now. He said it was a 98 in his add but it says 93 on the fork. 600 miles no title. Hung out with the guy while he pulled the carb since its been sitting for a few years. Looked clean but deff needs some work. I don't think the choke works but once it warms up it runs awesome. I wanted an extra for friends to ride so for 1200$ I'm happy. My friend ran the vin so I'm gonna take the Vermont route. The xt225 is clean as a whistle. Has some sharp ammo boxes and a soft bag on the seat. He paid 2g for that. Maybe a little high but it's nice. All in all a much needed guys day out after one hell of a busy winter. Ill post better pic tomorrow.
    Very cool on the Milton bike! That guy was some kind of a dork plain and simple. He never once responded to over a dozen of my inquiries and others here also tried. Glad it found a home here and away from a TW abuser.

    GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

    2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

  10. #9
    Senior Member Schmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    phila, pa
    Posts
    206
    He was ok just a bit of a bike hourder. I first talked to him 3 months ago. And that was a month after emailing him. People post stuff with no intention in selling it. Frustrating but patience prevailed

  11. #10
    Senior Member GaryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Forestburgh, NY
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
    He was ok just a bit of a bike hourder. I first talked to him 3 months ago. And that was a month after emailing him. People post stuff with no intention in selling it. Frustrating but patience prevailed
    This thread needs pictures!

    GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

    2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. Schumacher hurt - Hope he will be OK!
    By kj7687 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 03:35 PM
  3. Oil fill cap question...
    By tcepilot in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM
  4. Hope to get a TW in the next couple of weeks!
    By Bullspit in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 06:30 PM
  5. I hope I never ride by dogs like these
    By rm_hm in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:43 PM