Lets be carefull
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Lets be carefull

Lets be carefull

This weekend Reno is having its Streets Vibrations Spring rally, primarily for the v-twin cruisers, and already we have had bad accidents. On my way home from Utica I came on aftermath of odd accident. A two-up Harley rider noticed his rear tire going down on 395, slowing and pulling over the tire let go and over embankment they went ending up in right-of-way fence.Minor injuries there fortunately. However a group of 5 riders on 3 cruisers coming from Virginia City had it bad. One rider misjudged corner, collided with another bike and then involved third bike. Two fatalities, three in hospital with serious injuries. Riding in a pack is fun but I guess we are trusting partners cornering skills with our lives. Have fun but think safety first.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-11-2014 at 12:28 AM.

locally here, there where was a four bike group, with a total of 7riders stopped at a light. Meanwhile they were rear-ended by a young woman doing an estimated 50mph. Four killed, two in intensive care, one banged up bad.
    no evidence that she ever hit the brakes as she was texting.

nothing scares me more when I'm on the roads. Anytime I see someone on the roads that has a phone in there hands, I give a horn. And if I'm at a light and look over to see 'lil Suzie' sending away, I'll tell her to put the phone away before she kills me.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

frozen wasteland of the barren north ( Yukon Territory, Canada
    Open up the space between bikes no matter where you are. Stagger the line. A lad up here was killed when the rider in front of him had a catastrophic rear wheel bearing failure
    Fred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Happens down here too. Mix a bunch of riders together who don't often ride together maybe add some booze and watch out. I've rode in packs and often had to tell a newer rider to give me space and not stayed glued to my rear tire.

I've always riden alone. I was asked to ride with a group that had been riding together for years, I said No.
    They instinctively knew what each other would do in any situation that came up. One did crash and total his bike, but the others were able to avoid the accident. They still do not know what caused the crash. That's why it's called an accident.
    Fred likes this.

No such thing as an accident. Nothing happens in this universe without cause. Usually the cause is stupidity.

I only ride with a few people. there are many more with whom I refuse to ride because their antics usually ruin my day.

Do not rejet your carb out in the middle of the desert. You will drop both jets and never find them. Now your bike doesn't run and the rest of my day is centered around getting you and you bike back to civilization.

Do a complete service BEFORE the ride so I don't have to fetch chain and sprockets when you shred the teeth of your sprockets or your chain breaks and punches a hole in the cases. Now your bike doesn't run and the rest of my day is centered around getting you and you bike back to civilization.

Sort of like the guy that shows up for a trailride with a flat tire. Uuuhhh....I knew it was flat but uuuhh I got hung up on other stuff and my buds called last night and we hung out until 2AM and uuuhhh...you got any tools...and uuuhhhh a tube?

Lets be carefull

Well it's not called, on purpose.
    admiral likes this.

No, ma'am, but not on purpose does not absolve anyone of responsibility. It's called neglect and/or irresponsibility. There is always a chain of choices that leads to a crash. Someone(s) is/are always responsible. Even if a brand new tire blows, for instance, maybe the person who built it screwed up, or the tech who mounted it damaged it, or the vehicle operator did not make sure air pressure was proper, or rode over a sharp object that fell in the road from an uncovered load of trash, or the hardware failed because the assembler who built a vehicle 20 years ago stripped the bolt and it finally fell off, or a driver did not replace the rusted muffler when it first became noisy 3 years ago, or ... . There is always a reason for everything. Wouldn't we all be a lot safer if everyone actually put some effort into doing no harm rather than using not meaning to do harm as an excuse for thoughtlessness and inconsideration?

As a person that's been hit more than once. I would agree to some of your points. But I believe. So I understand we are just humans. If I changed one thing that happened on a day of an accident would the outcome have been different? In my cycle accident: I had my uncles car, locked keys in it. Rode cycle to work then to his work to get key. Got in accident on way back home. If I'd been in his car- I'd have TBoned the mini van and most likely crossed lanes causing more cars involvement. I'd also have wrecked a car that was soon to be a classic. Maybe I wouldn't have been in the area if not for going to get the keys. But I had the car because I was suppose to take my Gram and sister dinner and then take them to an event. Maybe my accident on cycle saved all of use from an accident later that day.
    We can wonder what if forever and we will never know.
    So we should and can be careful and try to watch out for ourselves and others. Best thing it doesn't cost us anything !
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links