This Is Beautiful !! :-)
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: This Is Beautiful !! :-)

This Is Beautiful !! :-)

This is a video of a Florida homeless man living on the street in Sarasota. His name is Donald Gould. He is a 51 year old U.S. Marine Corp Veteran. When he got out of the service, he wanted to be a teacher of music. He went to Spring Arbor University in Michigan and was 3 credits away from graduating when he ran out of money. He worked odd jobs while starting a family. They had a son, and then his wife died and he spiraled downhill in depression becoming an alcoholic and drug user. His son was soon taken away because of his problems.

In Sarasota recently they began a program called the Keys Piano Project where they place donated pianos along the bustling sidewalks. One day Donald happens upon one of these pianos and starts playing everything from Billy Joel to Bach. Someone posted a video of him on the internet and his life is about to change.

Listen below to this gentleman play:

As I watched this, it made me think about the gift's that God placed in me and gives to every man and woman. I pondered, was I using them to the best of my ability? If I had, could it have helped someone? If I hadn't, because I was ashamed of God, could it have hurt someone, when I could have helped if only I wanted to?

Important questions for all of us to ponder, right?

He gave us each our own special gifts to use. We will stand before Him someday and give account for those gifts. Did we use them wisely? Did those gifts bear fruit? He gave us so much and paid the Ultimate Price to do so, for us. I don't want to Stand Before Him on That Great & Terrible Day with nothing to show. Do you?

A small poem that has always touched my heart from long long ago.

One life to live,
    Twill soon be past.
    Only what's done,
    For Christ will last.

Dear Lord, bless this homeless man, touch him, forgive him and renew his life and make him whole again. In Jesus's name, amen.

Is not the whole of the Gospel summed up so simply into just two things?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Last edited by littletommy; 07-03-2015 at 07:12 AM.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Sarasota County Florida,{Venice} where I grew up(1953-63) times have changed down in that neck of the woods....
    littletommy and TopPredator like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Nice message LT. Thanks
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

LT,

I got wonderful goosebumps watching that man play piano. Thank you very much for sharing that! I got even bigger goosebumps once I read your post. It is a terrible feeling when we begin to question if we have lived up to God's expectations. I think of this often so I know sleep will come a little harder tonight. Thanks for that

Tom
    littletommy likes this.
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

Someone should tell him to check this place out that I donate to. U.S.VETS-Phoenix Expands to New Facility on Grand Ave. | USVETS | United States Veterans Initiative
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    LT,

I got wonderful goosebumps watching that man play piano. Thank you very much for sharing that! I got even bigger goosebumps once I read your post. It is a terrible feeling when we begin to question if we have lived up to God's expectations. I think of this often so I know sleep will come a little harder tonight. Thanks for that

Tom
    Tom my brother, it's good for us to think about real things once in a while. All our idle chit chat won't count when we stand before God.

I REALLY don't want to stand there; Naked And Afraid Before Him; and try to explain why I didn't use my gifts and talents that He gave me and have nothing to show for it. Believe me, neither do you. Don't wait until it is too late.

I have edited the original post above, so you may want to review it again.

Tom, even the poor homeless piano man has enough sense to use his gifts. Somehow, I believe, he, will be able One Day To Stand Before God, Forgiven and Whole again. After all, he used "his" gifts to reach out and touch others; and they did.
    Last edited by littletommy; 07-03-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    jtstdub likes this.

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Someone should tell him to check this place out that I donate to. U.S.VETS-Phoenix Expands to New Facility on Grand Ave. | USVETS | United States Veterans Initiative

Nice Z !!!!! Thanks bro!!!!

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

As you are out and about enjoying yourselves this weekend for the 4th of July, take an extra sandwich with you or a couple of bucks to help someone just like this homeless U.S. Marine Veteran.

Thanks Guy's and Gal's. You CAN make a difference. Have a great 4th and don't forget those who paid the price for our freedom.

God Bless,
    littletommy

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Last edited by littletommy; 07-03-2015 at 01:23 AM.

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Reminded me of Nathaniel Ayers. Maybe everybody already knows about him, but just in case, he's an extraordinarily talented and frequently homeless schizophrenic man. There was a movie about him called The Soloist.

littletommy likes this.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links