Who Inspires You ???
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Who Inspires You ???

Who Inspires You ???

Here's one of mine. I had no real father, so I had to find my own mentors. This man is one of several that I consider my mentors.

Enjoy; it's quite a story... I hope you will take a moment to read it. It's very inspiring or at least it was to me... and definitely; worth the read.

RG LeTourneau ? Christian Businessman & Inventor This one first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._G._LeTourneau This one second.

Truly an amazing read. The old timers and mechanics around here will enjoy this if they can remember; back in the day...

If you like this...example of one of my mentors...

I have more that I can share with you.
    Last edited by littletommy; 05-21-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

For me i would have to say it was my Father as i am almost his mirror in a lot of ways. We look different but we have a lot of the same qualities. I have the same tireless work ethic, endless patience, never quit attitude, empathy for others, mechanical prowess, love for the outdoors, love for anything with a motor, problem solving ability, etc . All that comes from him directly, there is no doubt in my mind. The only thing i can say i got from my mom is my opinionated nature, not sure if that's a good thing or not......

I was very lucky that my father was a guy that lived for his kids, unlike my mother that didn't really give a crap my dad really did the job of both parents. He was a provider, was always there and in my opinion was everything a parent should be. The big thing for me was he really was the consummate teacher and that is something that i never really appreciated until he was gone. My father was a master machinist and had a very mechanical mind. He was the guy that could fix or build anything and was always tinkering with something, as a kid i was always there with him and he was always taking the time to teach me something. What i never realized at the time was what i was learning and how valuable it would be in life in general. Looking back at some of the things he taught me, i learned how to build/fix houses, grow my own food, fix cars, operate machinists equipment like lathes and milling machines, learned how to weld when i was like 9 or 10, the list goes on and on its so long i cant complete it. Now that i'm in my 40's i realize what a great gift it was that he gave me which is the ability to be totally self reliant. If the SHTF i would have no issues fending for myself and the people i care about. Its a gift a lot of people i know do not have and i have my dad to thank for it.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

In my early days it was an older man who I worked for building a 34 unit trailer park............ My dad was working 60/80 hrs. a week.. He never turned down any O.T. But after he retired we would play golf 3 times a week, so I had two inspired men in my life.... OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Who Inspires You ???

You do, LittleTommy !
    site:tw200forum.com

My E-5 buck sergeant in the army back in the sixties. He had been in the Korean war and had been an E-7 SFC before being busted down to private for punching out
    A subordinate a year or so before I joined the outfit. He was a spec 4 when I joined the company but rapidly went up to spec 5 then buck sergeant. He was a staff sergeant
    When he was transferred out to another unit. I never heard the details of his getting busted but from what I knew of him, whoever he pounded must have earned it greatly.
    Of all the non-coms I knew I had the most respect for him. Even after I went into the Coast Guard and began to rise in rank up to chief, whenever a leadership problem arose,
    I would ask myself, "how would Woody handle this". This served me well through out my career.
    Phelonius

OK Ladies out there...especially for you.

This is also one of my mentors. I will share many of them with you if you folks are interested.

All these people that I will share have been mentors of mine. I had no real father; I had to choose my own mentors and then learn how to believe God. Each man is given a measure of Faith; use it.

If you want to know who I really am; read about my many mentors. I ended up a combination of all these.

Ladies; for you; enjoy.

We all have a calling in our lives; if we will listen quietly for that small still voice; that is God.

Frances Ridley Havergal

Frances Ridley Havergal Biographies - Christian Biography Resources

There are several links within this link.
    Last edited by littletommy; 05-21-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    T-Dub Ken likes this.

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

My Father. WW2 flyer and Police man. Who taught me to be firm but gentle. My Mother who birthed my love of nature. My High School Science Teacher Fred Burgraff who expanded my awareness of nature. John and Dale Stokes who spend 24/7 taking care of and protecting Raptors and trusting me enough to let me handle them. Last my Wife who loves my crazy azz.
    littletommy and TopPredator like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Many have inspired me.

It is my turn now.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Post 1000.
    Yay! I are somebody!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Blackstone View Post
    Post 1000.
    Yay! I are somebody!
    You already are Smitty and we love you just the way you are!!

Congratulations on your 1000th.
    JerseyJeeper likes this.

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links