TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I can't believe the Ford 2.3 liter engines that were found in the early 90's model Ford Rangers didn't make this list! I had to replace three EGR valves in the first 70,000 miles. The tranny also needed a rebuild at just 33,000. There were several of us in my unit who had these trucks and they ALL had similar issues. Thank God our food and clothing were provided by uncle Sam or I would have been too poor to eat.

Tom
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

My 84 ranger had a Canadian made 2.0 liter engine. Less power and the emissions pump seized twice.
    littletommy and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My worst engine was in a 1981 Cutlass LS sedan. 3.8 L V6, damn thing. Bought it used in 1989. I became an expert in head gasket replacement over several years. I could swap in new gaskets in about 3 hours, including the coolant flush and fill. Gaskets were cheap, a new car was just totally out of reach. I remember those days.

I've wrenched, serviced, and worked on every car I've ever owned, except for my current SUV. It's actually cheaper to get the dealership to do the oil changes and maintenance. Damn synthetic oil is $9 a quart. The upside is oil changes are 10,000 miles apart.
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Current) - Shinko SR41, Enduro Mirrors, Seat Concepts Foam and Cover, Generic Handguards (GOOFIT) requiring 5+ hours of diddling to install......You've been warned.
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

My first car had one of those Chrysler 2.2 turbo engines. Was actually pretty good. Though pushing 15lbs of boost to her for a extended top speed run eventually blew the head gasket and cracked the head. Still fixed it and ran for another year (still with the turbo waste gate locked shut) before the trans failed and it was just too rotted out to be worth fixing.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XTSE

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

I have a 87 olds cutlass ciera with a 2.5 4 banger in it, its 30 years old and still has original belts and hoses...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolmanJohn View Post
    My worst engine was in a 1981 Cutlass LS sedan. 3.8 L V6, damn thing. Bought it used in 1989. I became an expert in head gasket replacement over several years. I could swap in new gaskets in about 3 hours, including the coolant flush and fill. Gaskets were cheap, a new car was just totally out of reach. I remember those days.

I've wrenched, serviced, and worked on every car I've ever owned, except for my current SUV. It's actually cheaper to get the dealership to do the oil changes and maintenance. Damn synthetic oil is $9 a quart. The upside is oil changes are 10,000 miles apart.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Tried to open the link but got several virus warning popups instead. Guess I'll never know.

My mother had a 99 Dodge Intrepid with a 3.5l v6 and I think that is probably the worse engine I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. It was at the shop more often than not, and she ended up trading it in a week before the warranty was up. That dealership easily spent way more money fixing it that it was worth.

This one:

http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2013...opportunities/
    Last edited by methamphetasaur; 03-21-2017 at 02:45 AM.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Back in the mid 90s I bought my wife a Cadillac Seville that turned out to be the worst of the worst cars we ever owned. It rode like a dream and was roomy and very nice for long road trips with lots of nice amenities most of which kept failing. The engine was a V 8 that sucked premium gas like a hog, think the best we ever got was around 10 MPGs on a long highway drive up to Maine. The power door locks constantly failed because the solenoid motor was over powered and would slam the locks down so forcefully the plastic lever would break inside the door. The driver had to climb over the console and exit and enter through the passenger door, three times, and it cost over $300 for the repair each time. I finally cut the power lock wires. The heated drivers seat over heated the leather and left burn lines so I had to defeat that switch. It was a car I really considered driving to a bad section of NY City and parking it with the keys in the ignition but ended up taking an $8,000 loss when we traded it in at the dealer with 30K miles and a $34,000 car was only worth $9,000. Then we bought a real sweet Eddie Bauer edition Ford EXPLODER. Another horrible car that came with Firestone Death wing tires that blew apart at 65 MPH and destroyed the rims in the process. The first day we owned it new from the dealer we brought it home and the following morning my wife tries to drive her new SUV to work and the battery is dead. Same thing the next 2 mornings. Finally the dealer traced the issue to a faulty door switch in the rear tailgate that left the interior and exterior mirror puddle lights on all night. They repaired that 3X under the warranty and my wife was stranded a half dozen times in that car in the first year until she begged me to get rid of it. We are all Toyota ever since and have never had a single break down or warranty repair in well over 400,000 miles.

GaryL
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

87 Lincoln Continental. More gadgets than you could shake a stick at and virtually none of them worked as intended. I bought it in 97 when I was still a poor bastard and it cost me a fortune to keep on the road. No matter how well I prepared it for winter two years in a row the freeze plugs went on it. The last straw was the air bags in the suspension as I could not afford to get them fixed. As I recall the engine was a strong runner, when it did run. Sold that car for scrap and bought a friends 88 E-150 with two captains chairs and absolutely nothing else in the interior. I bought that van for $500 and put 42,000 miles on it over the course of three years traveling around Michigan and Ohio playing in softball tournaments. Even lived out of it for a week and a half when me and a roommate decided we both wanted to be the alpha male. The ensuing brawl was a good one. I may have won the fight but was asked politely by the Durand police department to leave the premises. Grabbed my camping gear and clothing and never went back. Secured an apartment of my own and I believe the van missed my company so much it decided to throw a drive shaft at 65 mph. That was a wild ride and a fitting end to a GREAT vehicle! Sold that van to a guy who wanted the engine and newer all terrain tires for..............$500

Tom
    GaryL, littletommy, Purple and 1 others like this.
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    87 Lincoln Continental. More gadgets than you could shake a stick at and virtually none of them worked as intended. I bought it in 97 when I was still a poor bastard and it cost me a fortune to keep on the road. No matter how well I prepared it for winter two years in a row the freeze plugs went on it. The last straw was the air bags in the suspension as I could not afford to get them fixed. As I recall the engine was a strong runner, when it did run. Sold that car for scrap and bought a friends 88 E-150 with two captains chairs and absolutely nothing else in the interior. I bought that van for $500 and put 42,000 miles on it over the course of three years traveling around Michigan and Ohio playing in softball tournaments. Even lived out of it for a week and a half when me and a roommate decided we both wanted to be the alpha male. The ensuing brawl was a good one. I may have won the fight but was asked politely by the Durand police department to leave the premises. Grabbed my camping gear and clothing and never went back. Secured an apartment of my own and I believe the van missed my company so much it decided to throw a drive shaft at 65 mph. That was a wild ride and a fitting end to a GREAT vehicle! Sold that van to a guy who wanted the engine and newer all terrain tires for..............$500

Tom
    YUP! I bet every one of us has some story to tell about a horrible vehicle we have owned.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

2006 TW200
    2006 XT225
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks
    1974 Boston Whaler Montauk
    1989 Lowe Lunker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links