Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have now ridden over 31,000 miles on my Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 motorcycle. Here is a link to the Zong thread I posted on the old forum.

http://tw200forum.com/forums/1/61689...ost.aspx#61689

When I have time, I plan to salvage as much of the old thread as possible, and transfer the contents over here.

Spud
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

the zongshen sounds like a really reliable bike.
    not a TW owner but i play one on this forum.

Spud, I've enjoyed reading your posts on your Zongshen on the ChinaRiders.net site, but I can't seem to get the link for the Zong parts diagrams to work (as well as many of the pages included here in the old TW forum you referenced). Do you have a diferent link/source for the parts diagram? Have you or anyone else had the opportunity to see if the kickstarter mechanism between the Zong and TWs are identical? Just wondering if that might be a less expensive route to add a kickstart to a newer TW.

Corey
    two 2009 TWs, Ricochet skidplates, Moose Racing 'Expedition' rack (like a Borrega), DID 428V O-ring chains, DMoto2 -style black steel footpegs from eBay

I almost bought one like yours, but my local reseller was having a royal pain getting a shipment in. I waited and waited for a couple of months then I happened to be at my local dealer getting parts for my trail 90 and I left with the tdub Wife was not happy. But the financing was good and I paid it off in about six months.
    HOW TO FIND ANYTHING ON THIS SITE (Click Here)

Have you been To The TW200 Wiki Site? (Click Here)

Don't forget about the backup TW site if this one ever crashes again

And Last But Not Least The ADV TW200 Thread ( Link )

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Spud, I've enjoyed reading your posts on your Zongshen on the ChinaRiders.net site, but I can't seem to get the link for the Zong parts diagrams to work (as well as many of the pages included here in the old TW forum you referenced). Do you have a diferent link/source for the parts diagram? Have you or anyone else had the opportunity to see if the kickstarter mechanism between the Zong and TWs are identical? Just wondering if that might be a less expensive route to add a kickstart to a newer TW.

Corey
    Thank you, Corey. Here is a link to the Zongshen 200GY-2 parts diagrams.

http://www.chinariders.net/transfer/...GY-2_parts.pdf

I would be very surprised if the kick starter mechanism were different. The Zong engine employs parts from several Yamaha motorcycles, e.g., the XT200, TW200, and XT225. If the kick starter parts for these motorcycles are the same, then the Zongshen parts should work for your TW200.

Spud
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
    Thank you, Corey. Here is a link to the Zongshen 200GY-2 parts diagrams.

http://www.chinaride...0GY-2_parts.pdf

I would be very surprised if the kick starter mechanism were different. The Zong engine employs parts from several Yamaha motorcycles, e.g., the XT200, TW200, and XT225. If the kick starter parts for these motorcycles are the same, then the Zongshen parts should work for your TW200.

Spud

Thanks for the parts link and info. Interesting how they photograph the individual parts, but don't show how they interconnect (possibly the service manual does that), and the actual kickstart lever is found in a completely different section than the internal parts . Have you found that individual parts are very much cheaper for your Zong, or do you think they are now getting close to Japanese prices?
    two 2009 TWs, Ricochet skidplates, Moose Racing 'Expedition' rack (like a Borrega), DID 428V O-ring chains, DMoto2 -style black steel footpegs from eBay

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Thanks for the parts link and info. Interesting how they photograph the individual parts, but don't show how they interconnect (possibly the service manual does that), and the actual kickstart lever is found in a completely different section than the internal parts . Have you found that individual parts are very much cheaper for your Zong, or do you think they are now getting close to Japanese prices?
    Zongshen parts are typically 1/4 to 1/2 the price of Japanese parts. Nevertheless, in my experience, Zongshen parts are usually equal in quality to Japanese parts.

Incidentally, I am glad to report my Zong is still running very well. I now have 39,500 miles on my Zong's odometer.

Spud
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

How many times have you rebuilt the engine? It will be a long time before I buy a Chinese vehicle, most of their products are junk, look good but are not designed to last. They are after short term gain not long term customer loyality.

Quote Originally Posted by 805gregg View Post
    How many times have you rebuilt the engine? It will be a long time before I buy a Chinese vehicle, most of their products are junk, look good but are not designed to last. They are after short term gain not long term customer loyality.
    I rebuilt the top end of my Zongshen engine at 31,500 miles. Not all Chinese, or Japanese motorcycles are create equal.

Spud
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

Zongshen still has not hired you to do their P.R.? Are they mad? Do they not know the what they are missing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links