Kawasaki Releases the 2017 Versys-X 300 Lightweight ADV Bike - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Kawasaki Releases the 2017 Versys-X 300 Lightweight ADV Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tcruarceri View Post
    Any word on a price, I haven't seen one?
    Kawasaki originally announced that the MSRP of the 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS will be $5699, and the non-ABS model $5399, but has since said the price of the two versions of the Versys-X is still to be determined. The Versys-X 300 will be available in either Candy Lime Green/Metallic Graphite Gray or Metallic Graphite Gray/Flat Ebony.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...14-fast-facts/

Quote Originally Posted by tAdA View Post
    Kawasaki originally announced that the MSRP of the 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 ABS will be $5699, and the non-ABS model $5399, but has since said the price of the two versions of the Versys-X is still to be determined. The Versys-X 300 will be available in either Candy Lime Green/Metallic Graphite Gray or Metallic Graphite Gray/Flat Ebony.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...14-fast-facts/
    Hmm and I think it's 6400 for a cb500x...
    That's pretty close for an extra 200cc.
    Last edited by Tcruarceri; 11-16-2016 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Wrong cc
    bananachunks likes this.

Hmm and I think it's 6400 for a cb500x...
    That's pretty close for an extra 200cc.
    I went in yesterday to look at the VX300 and hopefully throw someone else's money at them, but they only had the ABS models. Then I was shown the 2016 CB500X for the price of the VX300 ABS. Waiting to hear final numbers from them as I type this...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Counting on your feedback! Really debating the cb500x vs the versys 650 as bike Number 2. A good financing offer in either direction right now would be probably all it take, but really want to wait till next year. Until then, soaking up opinions...

Several people on the forum have the CBX including Purple People Eater and DonBenito and have spent some good time in the saddle with them. DonBenito even has his decked out with the Rally Raid Stage 3 kit, which I plan on at some point. Honda does have incentives at the moment. For the CBX they have $400 off and 3.49 financing. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow that I qualify. I really did want the Versys-X 300, especially after seeing my out-the-door quote today *shock* (I forgot about labor for the $1k of accessories I added ) But I guess since both bikes were the same price, the quote would have been the same.

Counting on your feedback! Really debating the cb500x vs the versys 650 as bike Number 2. A good financing offer in either direction right now would be probably all it take, but really want to wait till next year. Until then, soaking up opinions...
    Tcruarceri likes this.
    2007 TW200: OEM Black, Clarke Tank, 15/50, Shinkos 428s, Joemama Industries swingarm 2.5", X-Ring, TK/122/.020"/2.0, Dial-A-Jet, TPI, DG-R, kickstart, Seat Concepts, Joemama Industries seat bolts, Moose Racing Handguards, Jimbo Shield, RAM mounts for LG G3 and Delorme, TCI Headlight Guard, TCI Skid Plate, IMS Shift Lever, Doubletake Mirrors, Tusk Risers, ProTaper SE Raptor, wide pegs, .70/.19 springs, Happy Trail rear and pannier racks. Being lazy with my LizrdCooler and Tuff Lites...

Yep after sitting on the 300X I think I would go for the CB500X because it seems a little bigger for when I'm hauling all my camping gear and stuff. Sometimes I just want to keep my TW200 and FZ6 and stop looking at other bikes. Guess bikes are like women... you can love them but then ....... dang that looks good too!
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Surprisingly, on the "straddle it and shake it side to side" test, the 50lb heavier CBX felt lighter than the VX300.
    Peterb likes this.

After I sell my Nomad, I'm with most of you guys in debating between the CB500x and the Versys-x 300. The more I think about it though, the more I realize that although I like the idea of the lighter 300, this bike will be my 'road bike' to use when riding along with my mother on her RoadStar, and her boyfriend on his new Indian Chief. Stepping down from the 1600cc Nomad to 500cc is going to be wild enough, I can't see going farther down to 300cc.

It all boils down to what your primary use will be for the bike. For me, the CB500X will be a road-worthy replacement that has a reputation for long-term riding comfort, but can also be used off-road for the occasional camping, and can be upgraded for exploration adventures. However, if all you want is a bike that will safely keep up with faster traffic, or will allow you to feel safe on main roads while on the way to dirt paths, then the 300 seems to be a better choice.
    bananachunks and Peterb like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2011 Genuine Scooter Co Blur 220i - 1999 Yamaha TW200
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponosred Links