Anybody own a Suzuki DR350
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Anybody own a Suzuki DR350

Anybody own a Suzuki DR350

I saw one for sale locally so I looked up the specs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_DR350 . I went over to look at it and wow what a nice bike but I would want a 94 and up for the electric start. Its about the same weight as a TW200 but with 350cc and a 6 speed trans. Only downside I can see is the height but I just helped my buddy lower his DR650 using the built in factory lowering kit, custom lowering links and dropping the triples an inch. his DR650 now has a seat height about equivalent to my lowered TW200. All of this stuff can also be done on the DR350 however I would not go as low as he did due to ground clearance. Yes he is ordering a skid plate by the way. So I would like to hear from others who have owned or ridden a DR350. Lay it on me the good the bad and the ugly.
    Ken and Smitty Blackstone like this.

I don't own one, but have been on the lookout for one.

Like you, I've got to have the electric start. I may even see if anyone would be willing to trade theirs for a Suzuki DRZ400SM.
    Smitty Blackstone and Peterb like this.
    site:tw200forum.com

Ken
    I like the engine specs but it doesn't have the wide tire and to me it sure looks ugly. It sounds very practical though.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I owned one for little while. It was a 1998 I think. It was a good bike. Could go highway speed without too much difficulty. I mostly just commuted 15 miles round trip with it daily one summer. It was fun in traffic and on the couple of banked off ramps on my route. I think I only took it off road once before selling it. It was fine, but seemed tall for me off road because it wasn't very good at off road riding. I paid $1300 for it in February and sold it for $1200 the next September but probably could have got more if I tried harder. It is one of th few bikes I regret selling, but I was a poor college student at the time.

I had a '97. Made the mistake of selling it. It was a good bike no issues at all. So no bad or ugly here. It pretty much did what it was designed to do.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

I have one. 1998 3600 miles, was 100% stock and paid $2k for it this fall. Great bike for me. Has everything I was needing the TW couldn't provide. 1. Real ability to safely travel at 60mph (will do highway speeds, but will likely go to 14t front sprocket, so probably limited highway use) 2. Enough suspension to let me ride at a little higher pace with my son and our friends on MX and Enduro bikes. 3. Still simple, relatively light and air cooled. 4. There is still decent parts availability and a pretty good community of riders for fellowship and support (not TW levels of support, but pretty good).

File_000.jpeg

I had an XT350 btw and no comparison from a motor or suspension perspective, my 98 DR (with the better suspension) is light years better off road than the XT.
    2002 TW200
    1998 DR350
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

I used to ride, in the desert, with someone who rode a DR350. I was on an RM250 and the DR could keep up in the open areas and not too bad in the more whooped out or sandy washes.
    I liked that it was street legal. But we did make him run into town to get us stuff, so that was a negative to having the only street legal bike.

It is a predecessor to the 400, although different it's well liked. I don't think you will find the same level of support for it but stock parts should still be easy to find.
    It's a solid, off-road oriented, dual sport.

Thanks for everyones input . Mattwings pretty well summed up what I have been looking for. Ya I want one! The hunt is on.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

I was going to sell the TW after getting the DR (just to keep the peace in the house), but my wife said, "why don't you keep the little one? It would be nice for you to be able to leave one at the cottage". The TW is an awesome exploration/hunting/guest/smile inducing machine!
    2002 TW200
    1998 DR350
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

Ya agreed .. some bikes will come and go but there will always be a TW in my garage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links