HOW TO MAKE A TWW MOD ( TWO WIDE WHEELS ) (FAT FRONT WHEEL MOD) - Page 12
Close

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: HOW TO MAKE A TWW MOD ( TWO WIDE WHEELS ) (FAT FRONT WHEEL MOD)

I'm not sure how to upload pics from my phone,...
    The bike is pictured in classified I bought it from 300stw.
    I'll try and figure out the pics thing..
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Easy to bolt the whole front end from a BW on the TW. I've even got a TW headlight assembly on my BW200.

Morning the instruments is easy, here is my solution on my TWW 200:

Headlight and brackets from eBay:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    littletommy likes this.

Very nice! Disc brake....please explain.. Did you have a disc front Tw? Then is that a tw rear wheel? Did you have to build it with the original front hub?

Very nice bike!

I have some thoughts and questions:

1. Is it possible to simply lace a rear rim to a front hub? Make a spacer for the brake disc to move it to the side for clearance, and then you've got basically an OEM setup for the front brake and speedometer drive. (so long as you use TW200 forks). Will have to have an axle machined too, come to think of it.
    2. Is it possible to machine an adapter to mount the OEM disc brake to the sprocket flange? That might make things a lot easier. Again, using TW200 forks.
    3. I'm thinking with that front end the way it is, a fork brace looks like a really good idea. The TW200 has a metal piece under the fender that acts as a brace, and you're removing that to go with BW200 forks.
    4. Your steering is slower for two reasons - the fatter front tire, and the increased trail due to the longer BW200 forks. Using TW200 forks will alleviate part of the issue. A longer rear shock will help reduce trail further, and quicken your steering up. You'll never get back to OEM handling, but you can probably make it a lot better. Wide handlebars will help too.

Charles.
    Purple and centralwarider like this.

Hi Charles, here are some answers and comments to your questions:

1. Is it possible to simply lace a rear rim to a front hub? Unfortunately, the stock TW front and rear wheels have different spoke counts. I believe that the front has 36 spokes and the rear has 32 spokes, so you would either need a custom rim or a custom hub. Below is a picture of a TW rear rim that I had mounted to a billet Honda CRF150 hub that I had intended to use for my second generation TWW project that I have since abandoned. Make a spacer for the brake disc to move it to the side for clearance, and then you've got basically an OEM setup for the front brake and speedometer drive. (so long as you use TW200 forks). This could be done, but in order to use a stock TW front hub you would need to have a custom rim made with the higher spoke count. Will have to have an axle machined too, come to think of it. Not if you used the stock TW front hub.
    2. Is it possible to machine an adapter to mount the OEM disc brake to the sprocket flange? This might work. That might make things a lot easier. Again, using TW200 forks.
    3. I'm thinking with that front end the way it is, a fork brace looks like a really good idea. The TW200 has a metal piece under the fender that acts as a brace, and you're removing that to go with BW200 forks. I agree.
    4. Your steering is slower for two reasons - the fatter front tire, and the increased trail due to the longer BW200 forks. Using TW200 forks will alleviate part of the issue. A longer rear shock will help reduce trail further, and quicken your steering up. You'll never get back to OEM handling, but you can probably make it a lot better. Wide handlebars will help too. I agree.

Charles.

IMG_2112.jpg
    littletommy likes this.
    site:tw200forum.com

Chopper Charles! wow a sighting, hope all is well with you!
    littletommy likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Sponosred Links