Diary of my a custom TW 200 build - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Diary of my a custom TW 200 build

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Looks great so far. I'm looking forward to your next segment. What handle bars are those (type/bend)?

Hey there. Those are the Pro Taper ATV "high bend" handlebars. Got the idea from 'Wheelie Nelson' in his post here: http://tw200forum.com/forums/98702/ShowPost.aspx
    Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Hey that looks awesome! did you have much difficulty replacing the electrics? my mods are similar to yours (not as clean) and I need to add new indcators and pretty much re-wire the thing, home job or get a professional?

Cheers,

Adam

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

sweet ride dude ! i admire all the custom work going into your bike.

I was curious what year rear shock is that off of ? i was crusing ebay for one just now, but there seems to be a shitload that pop up all diff colors and years.

this is what my bike looks like currently, needs more work but tons of fun.

Well done !!

I like it.
    2008 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
    Hey that looks awesome! did you have much difficulty replacing the electrics? my mods are similar to yours (not as clean) and I need to add new indcators and pretty much re-wire the thing, home job or get a professional?

Cheers,

Adam

Hey Adam! I did all of the soldering myself. That is really all there is too it... joining the wires from the old headlight / turn signals / speedometer to the new parts.

If you don't know how to solder, it is very easy and inexpensive and worth learning how to do. You should also pick up some shrink wrap to put over your connections after you've soldered them -- it makes for a professional and long lasting repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
    sweet ride dude ! i admire all the custom work going into your bike.

I was curious what year rear shock is that off of ? i was crusing ebay for one just now, but there seems to be a shitload that pop up all diff colors and years.
    Thanks! Your bike looks sweet! Is that the stock shock on yours currently? Also, could you tell me what kind of tail light that is? Does it have integrated blinkers? I need something like that!

I went back through my records and realized that the seller never told me what year the Blaster shock was off of. One thing is for sure, you shouldn't pay much for it -- mine was $8 plus shipping!
    Last edited by catamount; 10-27-2016 at 12:03 PM.

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

Yea Im currently using the stock shock, with my 150mm Beams Ext kit i bottom out on my license plate now... so i either have to get a taller shock or relocate my license plate.

this is the tailight im running http://www.rucksters.com/product/pro...productid=6105 it doesn't have integrated blinkers, but im using 5 led sealed leds as my blinkers on both sides.

hmm i guess ill just take a gamble and buy one. are the front and rear shocks the same ? for the blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
    are the front and rear shocks the same ? for the blaster.

That is another good question! I'd check out a site with microfiche so you could compare the part numbers for the shocks and see if it matters.

the front and rear shocks are different entirely.....

blasters never really changed from the early 90s to 2007.

The progress continues. Since I was doing away with the plastic side covers, I was going to have to make the airbox / battery holder better looking.

This is just not very nice to look at:

59.jpg

One of the aesthetic things I liked about many of the Japanese TW customizations I've seen was hole between the rear tire and seat. I guess that is why they call these "hollow" mods.

I got the air filter and crankcase breather taken care of with some cone filters, but still had to find a way to hold the battery. First I looked for the thinest 12v battery I could find with similar specs to the stock battery. I ended up with an inexpensive battery used for fire exit lighting in buildings.

Then I played with some cardboard to make a mock-up that would fit inside the frame. I transferred the mock-up to a sheet of metal from Lowes and then made the bends using a piece of wood clamped to the face of my workbench. Not scientific by any means!

I am a IT guy by day, not a metal worker, so it's not perfect. Rivets hold the corners together.

boxes.jpg

From there it went to the oven for a coating of powder and then onto the bike. I'm happy to report that the battery and wiring harness fit completely inside the box. Phew.

62.jpg

And I like how it's barely visible from the side.

63.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by catamount; 10-27-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links