The CornShield Has Arrived
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The CornShield Has Arrived

The CornShield Has Arrived

OK you guys, after the videos that zdriver1 posted (Click Here) I was all pumped up to make a version of the Windscreen for the T-Dub. Everything went according to plan and within less than 3 hours I was finished with my project, the windscreen is still in an experimental phase and it is made of cardboard but it is as sturdy and solid as it can be.
    For you guys who do a lot of off-road riding the windscreen is obviously to long and you're just going to have to make a shorter version of it

10082015114.jpg Click on image to enlarge

I started with a flat piece of cardboard, started drawing lines on it and then I just went ahead, cutting and folding until I was satisfied with the shape and size

10082015106.jpgClick on image to enlarge

Then I applied some tape all around the edges of the windscreen

10082015108.jpgClick on Image to enlarge

Then I attached the windscreen on my previous Jimbo shield lookalike

10082015111.jpgClick on image to enlarge

Then it was time for me to spray-paint the whole thing with a very upmarket camouflage paint

10082015113.jpgClick on image

I'm going to do test rides for the next week or two and I will make a template of the windscreen for those of you who are interested
    Last edited by Cornelis; 08-10-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    admiral, Fred, littletommy and 4 others like this.
    1990 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content _____________ Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
    Hidden Content

Yet another TW genius!
    littletommy and Hidebound like this.

VintageGW's
    4 GL1000 Some of these are for sale....
    1 GL1800
    Gone to a good home - '04 TW200 - Mulita!

Visiting Mountain Redbelly in San Jose, CA
    I'm waiting for my limited edition signed/autographed one in the mail.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I'm waiting for my limited edition signed/autographed one in the mail.
    Only after my windscreen has past the most stringent tests under various conditions, then will I send one to you, hopefully within the next month or two!
    littletommy, admiral and frog13 like this.
    1990 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content _____________ Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
    Hidden Content

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    That looks kind of tall - I hope you don't take out your face with it if you go over a big bump or lurch forward a bit while riding on the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
    That looks kind of tall - I hope you don't take out your face with it if you go over a big bump or lurch forward a bit while riding on the trails.
    Yes it is on the tall side because it is meant for open road cruising and daily commuting in the city but it is safe going over a bump, but if you're going to do off road trails it needs to be shorter.

Sideways profile and a photo of today at the local Yamaha dealer

10082015116.jpg11082015123.jpg
    ZDR1 likes this.
    Hidden Content

Hopefully Out Riding Somewhere In The Sierras
    Brilliant! Designed with crumple-zone cardboard to reduce chance of injury if impacted...so much superior to stiff and sharp carbon fiber or acrylic.
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Brilliant! Designed with crumple-zone cardboard to reduce chance of injury if impacted...so much superior to stiff and sharp carbon fiber or acrylic.
    Aha!
    At last there is someone on the forum that is intelligent enough to see that safety is just as important to this project and receives just as much time and effort as the aerodynamic profile.
    Hidden Content

Hopefully Out Riding Somewhere In The Sierras
    The shield actually looks very nice on the bike with the matching teal paint, almost looks like a promotional bike parked in front of the Yamaha store next to a promotional sign of the same color. The origami bent cardboard reminds me of stress plywood skin home built kayaks, it is a strong contruction method...here is a Pygmy Kayak as an example.th-17.jpeg.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-11-2015 at 08:51 PM.
    ZDR1, littletommy and imxlr8tin like this.
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

I like the full coverage design. I am kind of short though, so would eye holes compromise the strength and/or aerodynamics ?

best regards, MAC
    GOD BLESS & RIDE SAFE, TC____________ BC rides: Honda SL100, Honda TL125, Penton125 ISDT, KTM400 ISDT

now riding '06 TW w/ Jimbo Window, Acerbis bushbusters, ProTaper bars w/risers, Pro Grip 737's, Osram Rally headlamp w/modulator, turn signal beeper, Kenda k270 4.00 x 18,
    triple horns w/relay, big pegs, folding shifter, tuned carb w/drilled slide, 15/50 w/D.I.D. O-ring, RedLine 20w/50, Sterns w/extra padding, extra LED brake light, xt225 brake arm, rear Cycle Racks w/hacked milk crate. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links