Trailer Wheel (TW) Mod for the TW200 - Page 31
Close

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
Like Tree646Likes

Thread: Trailer Wheel (TW) Mod for the TW200

Quote Originally Posted by mountain yawp View Post
    That tire looks promising. With that much space between the lugs, does it get buzzy on the pavement?
    It is truly not a quiet tire but I usually wear earplugs when I'm writing so it doesn't bother me too much but for like an off-road and Enduro stuff it's really perfect and it works really well in sand and whatever and it has one and one eighth inch deep tread which is really nice

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Moabman likes this.

I'm not one to drag a project out and like to get it done right away, so after only a short 6 months I finally got the Trailer Wheel Mod done on Wilbrr.

Here is the comparison in size L-R. Ceros 26x9x14 on my stock TW Rim; Ceros 25x8x12 on Trailer Mod Rim; Stock Tire & Rim. I read where someone was able to find a 26x8x14 Ceros for the stock rim conversion but I couldn't find one so had to buy the 9" wide tire. I haven't ridden enough on the new trailer rim Ceros to compare it to the one I use on Scoob.

And Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story"

So, on my test
    ride, I got off a few times to check things out when I saw something and which reminded me of a story I was read by Wrench-Puller.

("Oh NO...you bought the wrong Maxxis tire. You need the one with the RED stripe around the tire...NOT the Blue stripe.

There is a big difference in
    rubber compound, and for the kind of riding you do, you will want the RED stripe tire from Maxxis.

OH TWforum member X.... silly silly. You totally missed the white stripe. This is a new model only available here in Canada. If you look closely you will see that it is dead center on the tire, this allows the gyro feed back sensor to monitor the degrees of lean past a preset angle and will set off alarms once the gyro centering device travels too far past that white line. Now I am still playing with the settings but so far 48.5 seems to be about perfect for our riding style. I try never to take it past 47 degrees though cause when the alarms go off Denise start screaming something about killing us both and it really makes it hard for me to concentrate on my driving.

You are correct however
    on
    the red /blue stripe compound in the rubber. But when I was ordering this tire online while eating dinner, Denise was looking at the computer and she too saw the stripes. Now don't get me wrong, I am the head of the house but when she says to get the blue striped one cause it matches the bike and our helmets, well dang it... you just get the blue stripe one!")

This is the method Wrench-Puller used to see which stripe matched his TW best.

Now this next part we have to keep from Denice as she may become suspicious of Wrench-Puller's methods...I stopped and got off the bike to look for the colors.

It's hard to see but there are actually 3 colored stripes on this tire: Red-
    center of tire, Blue on right side of tire, and even a green stripe also on right side of tire. It's hard to see the stripe but it's there. Hopefully, these will wear off and not be a mismatch with the TW's color. I'd hate to go through Wrench-Puller's method to get the color match right!

Last edited by admiral; 04-29-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    Tweaker, TW-Brian, joeband and 5 others like this.

Isn't it missing some rhinestones or diamonds somewhere?
    admiral, joeband and grewen like this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Admiral you made me laugh. Yah LT's right she needs a diamond tiara or maybe a bedazzle kit for the helmet. The trailer wheel mod looks great.
    admiral, joeband, grewen and 1 others like this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

"I finally got the Trailer Wheel Mod done on Wilbrr." BOY, you two have got a major case of the T-Dubber virus. (​)
    Take care my Friend.........

I believe Lori will have the optimal set up with the lighter, smaller Cerros 25 X 8 X 12. Shorter height means no sprocket changes neccessary to approximately maintain the pre-mod final drive ratios nor need for a swing arm extension to maintain clearance for rocks, cow pies and the occasional whistle pig those awesome treads will be flinging up.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

How about a ride report.
    littletommy likes this.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

wow....cool! can't wait to see that wheel in action next week. I guess if I get stuck in the deep sand or the hill is too steep for my wee stock tire, Lori could just give me a tow.
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg
    2014 TW200
    2016 bolt
    1981 honda ct110
    1973 honda ct90

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Admiral you made me laugh. Yah LT's right she needs a diamond tiara or maybe a bedazzle kit for the helmet. The trailer wheel mod looks great.
    I think a tiara over the headlight like a visor. oh, but Kris you will have to change over to the round headlight to make it look right. ( sorta like pink eyelashes) we'll talk
    littletommy and Fred like this.
    Greg
    2014 TW200
    2016 bolt
    1981 honda ct110
    1973 honda ct90

Great looking bike, Admiral. You must have run out of pink paint though, I see the swingarm, frame and rack didn't get painted. With those not being painted, I think the "Mrs." will be a bit camouflaged and she won't stand out, someone might not be able to see her!
    littletommy likes this.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Sponosred Links