Zongshen Kick Starter Kits for the Yamaha TW200 - Page 3
Close
    
    
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 148
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: Zongshen Kick Starter Kits for the Yamaha TW200

  1. #21
    Senior Member PlacerLode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
    You're welcome, Brian.

    I certainly can also supply a gasket for the clutch cover. It will increase the price a little.

    Below is a diagram for the kick starter parts of the year 2000, TW200 motorcycle. What part number is the boss? Either the boss is included in the Zongshen Kick Axle Assembly, or I didn't need it for my Zongshen motorcycle.



    I will post some photos of the clutch cover from my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 this evening. I am also willing to take some measurements. However, the Zongshen kick starter perfectly fits my 1992 XT225 engine. Does the TW200 need washer #7 and washer #9? My Zongshen engine, and my 1992 XT225 engine do not need these washers.
    the "kick crank boss" is number 16 in this diagram and yes you will need part(s) 7 & 9 for the TW / XT install. TW crank bosses are still available for just shy of $40 adding some cost to your kits
    Gerry, TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

    Hidden Content

  2. #22
    Senior Member TW-Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    4,328
    Quote Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
    You're welcome, Brian.

    I certainly can also supply a gasket for the clutch cover. It will increase the price a little.

    Below is a diagram for the kick starter parts of the year 2000, TW200 motorcycle. What part number is the boss? Either the boss is included in the Zongshen Kick Axle Assembly, or I didn't need it for my Zongshen motorcycle.



    I will post some photos of the clutch cover from my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 this evening. I am also willing to take some measurements. However, the Zongshen kick starter perfectly fits my 1992 XT225 engine. Does the TW200 need washer #7 and washer #9? My Zongshen engine, and my 1992 XT225 engine do not need these washers.
    The Kick Crank Boss is item # 16 on the exploded view above. The TW crank boss is different from the XT225 crank boss (and possibly the Zongshen one) as the the kick starter arm needs to extend further out from the engine in order to clear the rear brake linkage on the TW. The picture below shows the difference in the TW kick crank boss on the left, compared to the XT kick crank boss on the right.

    100_4506.JPG

    The TW kickstarter shaft assembly does include the washers # 7 and # 9. These are a flat washer and a washer with two ears that engage with item # 4. These are illustrated in the picture below.

    100_4722.JPG

    Since these washers, item # 7 and # 9, are mounted outboard of the circlip, they are free to float on the shaft in whatever space there is between the circlip and the inside of the right side cover. It has never been clear to me what purpose these two washers serve. I have no doubt that the kickstarter would work fine without these parts but the Yamaha engineers must have put these in there for some reason, and the Zongshen engineers did not include them for some reason - but unfortunately, I don't know what these reasons are.

    Brian

    p.s. It would be a nice gesture if you could include the little plastic plug, item # 20, that serves to keep mud out of the splines on the crank boss. It shouldn't add much cost.
    Gerry, TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    site:tw200forum.com

  3. #23
    Senior Member PlacerLode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,699
    From what I can see the China parts net about 40% less than OEM not including postage delivery costs which from China can be cheap. There's still aprx $60 of OEM parts needed to complete not including postage which in the U.S. Can be costly. None of these parts see much use or wear so even if China parts weren't quite as solid I doubt it would matter
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

    Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Super Moderator goldenhtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stanwood,Wa
    Posts
    1,572
    Spud let us know when you have a firm price. A lot of people are diffidently interested included myself.
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Founders for militia definition: ..[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788. No founder is on record arguing with this definition - many support it. Then there's Patrick Henry: "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.

    Gen:27:3

  6. #25
    Senior Member SpudRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    the "kick crank boss" is number 16 in this diagram and yes you will need part(s) 7 & 9 for the TW / XT install. TW crank bosses are still available for just shy of $40 adding some cost to your kits
    The Zongshen Kick Crank Assembly definitely includes the large, TW200, kick crank boss. The Zongshen Kick Axle Assembly does not include washers 7 & 9, nor do I think Zongshen part #4 is slotted to accommodate washer #7. Nevertheless, the Zongshen kick starter works very well without these washers, so I really don't think they are necessary for the Zongshen assembly.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

  7. #26
    Senior Member SpudRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    The Kick Crank Boss is item # 16 on the exploded view above. The TW crank boss is different from the XT225 crank boss (and possibly the Zongshen one) as the the kick starter arm needs to extend further out from the engine in order to clear the rear brake linkage on the TW. The picture below shows the difference in the TW kick crank boss on the left, compared to the XT kick crank boss on the right.

    The TW kickstarter shaft assembly does include the washers # 7 and # 9. These are a flat washer and a washer with two ears that engage with item # 4. These are illustrated in the picture below.

    Since these washers, item # 7 and # 9, are mounted outboard of the circlip, they are free to float on the shaft in whatever space there is between the circlip and the inside of the right side cover. It has never been clear to me what purpose these two washers serve. I have no doubt that the kickstarter would work fine without these parts but the Yamaha engineers must have put these in there for some reason, and the Zongshen engineers did not include them for some reason - but unfortunately, I don't know what these reasons are.

    Brian

    p.s. It would be a nice gesture if you could include the little plastic plug, item # 20, that serves to keep mud out of the splines on the crank boss. It shouldn't add much cost.
    Besides the large, TW200 crank boss, the Zongshen assembly is also designed to prevent dirt from entering the splines of the crank boss. I agree with your assessment that the Zongshen assembly does not require washers 7 & 9.

    Thanks for answering my questions, gentlemen. I am confident the Zongshen parts I listed in the first post of this thread will offer a complete kick starter for the Yamaha TW200 motorcycle, as well as the Yamaha XT225 motorcycle.
    Last edited by SpudRider; 03-07-2016 at 11:18 PM.
    mhomadness and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

  8. #27
    Senior Member SpudRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    From what I can see the China parts net about 40% less than OEM not including postage delivery costs which from China can be cheap. There's still aprx $60 of OEM parts needed to complete not including postage which in the U.S. Can be costly. None of these parts see much use or wear so even if China parts weren't quite as solid I doubt it would matter
    Over the last several years I have placed multiple orders for various Zongshen parts from China, so I am well familiar with the price of parts, and the associated shipping costs from China. The Zongshen parts are very solid, and are manufactured to the level of Yamaha quality. I am very confident everyone will be pleased with the quality, and the function of the Zongshen kick starter.

    I think I can ship the Zongshen parts domestically in a USPS Priority Mail, Medium Flat Rate Box, for a cost of $13.45.
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

  9. #28
    Senior Member joedirt1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cardiff by the Sea, CA
    Posts
    1,343
    So, what is the final tab if we'd like to purchase one of these fine contraptions for our mules?
    TWilight and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

    2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

    Hidden Content

  10. #29
    Senior Member SpudRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhtr View Post
    Spud let us know when you have a firm price. A lot of people are diffidently interested included myself.
    After receiving the answers from TW-Brian and PlacerLode, I am confident the parts I listed in the first post of this thread will constitute a complete kick starter kit for the Yamaha TW200 motorcycle. I also believe my original price estimate is pretty close, minus the cost of a gasket for the right crankcase cover.

    It takes weeks to receive parts from China after placing an order. Nevertheless, I would prefer to fill a single order, and verify customer satisfaction, before I commit to placing an order for multiple parts. Therefore, I will order the parts for a single kick starter, and notify everyone after the parts arrive. Since TW-Brian initiated this discussion with me, I think he should have first dibs on the first order for the kick starter. If the first customer is not completely satisfied with the kit, he can return the kit to me for a full refund. I will announce the final price for the kit after the parts arrive.

    I think the kit should include a gasket for the right crankcase cover. Does anyone object to the inclusion of the gasket?
    JagLite, mhomadness, Gerry and 1 others like this.
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

  11. #30
    Senior Member SpudRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt1970 View Post
    So, what is the final tab if we'd like to purchase one of these fine contraptions for our mules?
    Let me verify the domestic shipping cost, et cetera. I think I can post a firm price for the first kit in the next few days.
    Dryden-Tdub and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Kick start kits arrived at Bay Area Yamaha
    By old w/2 many guns & bikes in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 09:16 AM
  2. Bay Area Yamaha Kick Starter Kit Pics and Instructions
    By old white truck in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 08:31 AM
  3. tw200 kick starter kit
    By grounder in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 03:28 PM
  4. tw200 kick starter kit
    By grounder in forum Technical Write-Ups
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 03:28 PM

Search tags for this page

1992 yz80 kick starter diagram
,
2001 tw200 neutral sensor kick start
,
2015 tw200 kickstarter
,
kickstart kit for zongshen rx3
,
part of kick starter
,
tw200 kickstart kit
,

yamaha zs200gy-2

,
zongshen zs200gy clutch parts
Click on a term to search for related topics.