Krator Yamaha Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs ? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Krator Yamaha Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs ?

Here you go CS. These are on a 2010 TW200. I don't notice any difference on the left side versus right side (offset?), they seem a perfect fit.20160508_125010.jpeg
    CS1983, Rockit and 1911garand like this.

Very cool. Thanks, UncleRandy!

Got these installed finally. Did drill a small hole for the right peg to fit the spring and broke 3 drill bits in that process. Lol.

However, I think these are definitely an improvement. Much more real estate for the foot. I'll get a few pics up and report back after a test ride (dinner was ready as I was finishing the right peg).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

In case anyone misses the edit in the first post, here's the edited additions:

Ok, so I got these installed finally.

Very easy install, all things considered.

Caveats: You will need to drill the spring tail hole on the right peg. Someone else said they just bent it, but I didn't want to do that. The left peg has the hole on the correct position. I guess dirtbikes might have "right" and "left" springs, whereas the TW200 uses the same orientation on both sides.

Pre-install: take pics of the peg and spring orientation for reference in case you need it during the process.

Step 1) Remove cotter pin and retention post
    Step 2) peg slides out w/ spring
    Step 3) Test fit both sides with their respective peg and retention post (sans-spring) before modifying the peg for spring (in case you need to return or otherwise decide not to proceed)
    Step 4) Place spring in per original orientation and while steadying it, slide peg into slot
    Step 5) Begin placing in retention post -- I found that I needed to use the handle of pliers to manipulate the spring to line up
    Step 6) Once retention post is through both sides, replace cotter pin and bend over post as was original configuration

footpegs.PNGfootpegs2.PNG
    UncleRandy and 1911garand like this.

Great write-up CS! Everyone considering these footpegs (or similar) will definitely benefit from your post. And, side note-a little oil and a carbon steel drill bit at slow speeds is the ticket for drilling that small hole!

Great info, great price, thanks!
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

As a follow up to my original post, I thought I'd show you the aftermath of a 10 mph low side on a muddy, rutted ATV trail. The Krator footpegs held up just fine-it was the Yamaha OE mount that gave way. It's bent rearward about 15 degrees. And, well, the rubber shift lever that Yamaha installs on our TWs is also bent about 2" out of true. Of course, I'll be able to bend both of those back without any problem. Aside from a few bruises, it turned out to be a great ride. Don't let anyone fool you though-glacial mud wins almost every time when you're not paying attention. It doesn't matter how many PSIs you run!2016-09-22 08.05.53.jpg
    littletommy and admiral like this.

i believe the offset was corrected around 2001. my bike (a '94) has an offset of about 3/4"

this offset was corrected for in the DMO pegs... which led to the realization that the offset was corrected by yamaha in later models... some got the pegs which the created an offset for them. DMO stepped up and created a non-offset peg too.

what a bummer he didn't feel like he was making enough to justify continuing production, they are quality pegs, from a good guy.
    Last edited by joeband; 09-22-2016 at 10:13 PM.
    littletommy and Purple like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I just ordered a set of these - now only $14 !

https://www.amazon.com/Krator-Yamaha...rds=TW200+pegs
    Last edited by 1911garand; 12-06-2016 at 08:28 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Update:
    I received my $14 (free shipping, no taxes) pegs from Amazon.
    Amazon accidentally sent me 2 sets of pegs – it looks like they will fit the TW and the BMW R1100gs!! BONUS FreeBee!

https://www.amazon.com/Krator-Yamaha...rds=TW200+pegs

- LH peg – installs to TW easily using all the OEM hardware, no modifications.
    - RH peg – installs to TW easily using all the OEM hardware, but a hole for the spring leg needs to be drilled – see pic below.

To fit these on the BMW will take a little fitting, but nothing a couple Coors cast solve.

For $14, these are an absolute deal (not just because they sent me 2 sets)!

Good Luck!

OEM TW peg compared to $14 Peg:

Drill this hole in the RH side peg:

Look – fits the BMW R1100GS too! Why spend $150 on fancy Wonderlich or Tourtech pegs???

littletommy and UncleRandy like this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links