New - Simple - Sturdy - TW200 - Swingarm - Extension - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: New - Simple - Sturdy - TW200 - Swingarm - Extension

No Donut's on your birthday??? Shame on ya Mel!!! Man can't live on Denny's alone!!! Hope you're having a great day otherwise!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt1970 View Post
    Thank you Tommy. Still recovering from my free Bday Grand Slam at Denny's (Since Mel forgot my birthday donuts).
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Fred/PlacerLode, just a thought on your rear disc. hub adapter. Not sure if it matters/ if really needed, have you giving any thoughts on adding an outboard bearing? Also, if you need, I have a complete hub assembly(no rim/spokes), including the axle, spacers, brake components and about 12" of the left/right swingarm ends. I bought it off of eBay about a couple of years ago, with the intent of fabbing up exactly what you're planning, using all or as much as possible of the XT250 rear brake components. With (2) full time jobs, I pretty much opt these days to buy bolt on "kits". Anyways, they're all yours(free) if you think you can use them to get this project into production. Let me know and I'll get them sent out your way. All I ask, is that you give me first dibs on two sets

BTW, if you're thinking why only the (2) 12" section of the swingarm ends. Well would have been too expensive to send the whole swing-arm to Hawaii. Figured I could just drill and lag bolt the ends securely into something like (2) pieces of 2 x or 4 x 6-8" or even weld them square, then proceed with the mock up after locating the XT components. Was planning to use the square tubing afterwards to make two 2" extended swingarms.

Anyways, again all yours- just let me know! Mahalo
    Last edited by renny10n; 01-22-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Fred, littletommy and PlacerLode like this.

Thanks I do the same thing cutting off the "legs" on the XT250 swingarm theres no reason to have the rest taking up space. The conversion is pretty straight forward once the billet hub is made and a mount for the foot brake lever / master cylinder which I will also use standard Yamama YZ peg mounts for the widest variety of oversize and aftermarket peg choices. The kits still won't be "cheap" as we do use OEM rotor, caliper and other components but the end reslt will be basically an OEM Yamaha conversion properly sized fo the weight of the TW

Save those legs Renny and we'll use them on your kit !

Thanks
    renny10n likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Fred, and ooops, forgot to mention all the pieces I mentioned above(hub/ brake drum assy., swingarm, etc.) are off of a TW! Cool, look forward to your progress and will definitely start saving up for a couple of your kits. Will you be designing to work with those flat plate extensions, stock TW or an XT250 graft swingarms?

I actually fabbed a swingarm extension like this a few years back. It was really quick and looked nice. Never mounted it up and it's presently under a snowbank but it's definitely itely a much better way to go than cutting and adding lengths other way.

Has anyone developed an easy bolt on swingarm extender? I would love to order one from anybody who has made one or knows where to get one. I'm no mechanic so the easier the better. Thanks guys.

I've had a lathe for a few years and the catch 22 for me is I had to choose between a mill and a TW.

If anyone takes the initiative to do a run at a reasonable rate sign me up. I'd love a 2" extension.
    My T-Dub! Hidden Content

With regards to twbrians idea/design... What if there was a lug left where the factory axle location is (same shape also). Drill and tap two bolt holes to hold on the extension. Or at least give it a mechanical connection. I will play with this design a little when the garage is warmer than zero. ( Hopefully alot warmer)
    Beeline and jtomelliott49 like this.

Hi Spawner,

I like this idea!

I wish I had the CAD skills to be able to be a draw up a model that I could get 3D printed to see if the concept looks feasible.
    site:tw200forum.com

Local steel supply had a 1.25 x 2.5x 19" drop I was able to pick up today. House will be empty tomorrow so I'll be able to make some chips. What is the length I should be shooting for? 2"? I'll take pictures of the process as we go.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links