Survey: 74mm bore up kit. Who or how many people want? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Survey: 74mm bore up kit. Who or how many people want?

Interested. I've already done the 225 and 6 speed, but I'm always willing to dig deeper! I think at some point you need head and cam work to make the power.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. restoration project. mostly complete and collecting miles.
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Walker View Post
    Any idea what a "rough" price estimate would be?
    Engines only has bench mark for kit so far.
    EnginesonlyTTR.jpg

I think that price is nice. But kit parts for $300 (market price) is 'my wish'. I guess need much much soooo much more number of order for make it happen with that kinda price. And this parts can't compromise about quality. I am throwing small piece of rock here right now for try to make mud slide.

Dream is dream, idea is idea. Should we request to Yamaha for sale this bike? It's nice to have more choice but how much you pay for whole bike? So, I think tune up kit is no bad idea for TW/TTR enthusiast.
    XTW250showmodel.jpg

Stock motor is best toughness motor for sure. I want to hear more member's voice.

Thank you

tumbleweed
    Last edited by tumbleweed; 03-13-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Hopefully Out Riding Somewhere In The Sierras
    Attachment 86449 - "Invalid Link"
    Engines Only TTR option looks like a bit over ~$1,000 in parts and machine work.
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Link revised to screen picture, I hope it work this time. Thank you for mention Fred. -tumbleweed
    Last edited by tumbleweed; 03-13-2017 at 11:18 AM.

I would absolutely buy one. JE pistons will make you whatever you want, but you need to buy 4 of them and I believe they are about $150 each. All you need to do is send in the stock piston for them to base it off of. Been thinking of doing this and just rolling the dice on trying to sell the extra 3 pistons, but I have a ton of projects going on, and figured I probably would do this sometime in the late fall. But if you want to beat me to the punch, I'll commit right now to buying one as long as the compression doesn't go over 10.5-1. No desire to run high octane fuel. In fact, I think the perfect number would be 10-1 compression ration. That's what I'll be asking for if I do it in the fall. That compression ratio, cam from megacycles, I'll port and polish myself, free flowing exhaust (already got it), ttr crank and six speed (already have a 225 motor), and a descent carb. That's what my TW will ultimately get. I am hoping for upper teens/maybe 20hp. If I can get that, I would be content with the power.
    elime and tumbleweed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boedy View Post
    I would absolutely buy one. JE pistons will make you whatever you want, but you need to buy 4 of them and I believe they are about $150 each. All you need to do is send in the stock piston for them to base it off of. Been thinking of doing this and just rolling the dice on trying to sell the extra 3 pistons, but I have a ton of projects going on, and figured I probably would do this sometime in the late fall. But if you want to beat me to the punch, I'll commit right now to buying one as long as the compression doesn't go over 10.5-1. No desire to run high octane fuel. In fact, I think the perfect number would be 10-1 compression ration. That's what I'll be asking for if I do it in the fall. That compression ratio, cam from megacycles, I'll port and polish myself, free flowing exhaust (already got it), ttr crank and six speed (already have a 225 motor), and a descent carb. That's what my TW will ultimately get. I am hoping for upper teens/maybe 20hp. If I can get that, I would be content with the power.
    I took a 70mm Wiseco and installed it in one of my TW's. I rejetted the carb to run leaner, #112 high speed jet, and with 1500 miles on it the more I ride it the better it gets. I think the rings were seated long ago so maybe the leaner mixture is burning carbon out of the exhaust port making for more power. I am just guessing that.

Displacement is 214 and the compression ratio is 9.9:1 This was stage 1.

Stage 2 is to install the MegaCycle cam I have for it. I have the 26100 model camshaft. I haven't installed it yet -- it is running so well I would rather ride it than work on it but sooner or later I will install it -- hopefully sooner if I get the energy.

I took a 67mm Venolia piston, 11:1 or 11.5:1 compression ratio and sent it to Venolia and ask them to make me a 70mm model, which they did for a mere $200. Ouch!

Picture of the 67mm Venolia along with a 68mm Wiseco and a stock 67mm Yamaha piston.
    P7210016.JPG

Stage 3 will be to install the 70mm Venolia. It no doubt will require valve clearance and maybe some dome reduction to lower the compression ratio down to 11.5 or 12. The dome is solid and a lot of metal can safely be removed if necessary. I have no trouble using the high octane gas. I have already invested so much what is a few more pennies per gallon for the good stuff. And if necessary I can always add octane booster................
    tumbleweed and Boedy like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links