First mod? What to do? - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: First mod? What to do?

Nothing wrong with the stock gearing or skid plate. Folks like to bash the stock skid plate but it is actually a well engineered lightweight energy absorbing device capable of protecting the engine from almost all of the impacts that the popular Ricochet transmits directly to the frame and ultimately up to the rider's hands and feet. The Ricochet lacks the rubber isolation pads of the stock skid plate that do such a fine job of extending the time duration of impact and thus lessen the peak acceleration loads that tend to break welds and loosen dental work. While a fine piece of armor the aftermarket skidplate adds another 3 pounds or so, and reflects and resonates a lot more engine noise back at the rider than the stock unit.
    admiral, littletommy, Ken and 2 others like this.
    Active Thumpers:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Mr.Gizmo”
    Neglected 2-Smoker Hanger Queens:
    1981 KDX175 Enduro
    1982 YZ250G MX
    Hidden Content

Ken
    Welcome. Ride it enjoy it. Mods, no mods, these are great fun bikes. I kind of like the 2 day ride idea. Of course if I went by that I would probably put vibration isolated street pegs on mine since I ride the streets more than trails. About 20 years and I never did that.
    littletommy likes this.

ebay, just make sure they are steel and not aluminum.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchbumm View Post
    Risers were done, Yay! lol. What brand foot pegs are considered the go to for these bikes.
    Ken and socalnative like this.
    LittleTommy Hidden Content

--In Memory Of--
    Our Fallen Heroes

TW2007
    Lizrdbrth
    TWisty
    RonInBoise
    *Reserved*

Rest In Peace Brothers.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ken
    If you go EBay on the foot pegs, the $15.00 steel ones require some work. One side the pin won't fit you have to drill the hole bigger. The foot peg springs will have to be clipped slightly. They don't fold up as high so you have to cut a slight groove or shave a small section so they fold up as high as stock. By fold up I mean when pulled up which mimics a fall or too sharp a corner when they drag.
    littletommy and Tweaker like this.

Get an O-ring chain while the sprockets are still new enough that you don't need to replace them too. The advice about riding for awhile before deciding what you want is good, but doesn't apply to this, as 1) I think most everyone on here would agree that you DO want it and 2) If you get too many miles before you do it you will want to do the sprockets too. Sprockets are not that expensive but are rather more hassle to replace than simply doing the chain.

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    In addition to the new chain, foot pegs, handguards, seat pad, etc, from above, I'll add - 12V accessory socket. GPS/cellphone handlebar mount. Tool tube(s) mounted to the rack. Fuel filter. Tank bag, rear rack bag. The obligatory Jimbo shield. The list goes on and on. And I'm not including fiddling with rejetting and tuning the carb. How many mods depends on how you get carried away and the size of your wallet. You can still thoroughly enjoy it exactly as it is.
    Last edited by mrlmd; 03-14-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Ken, socalnative and littletommy like this.

Last edited by goldenhtr; 03-12-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    Founders for militia definition: ..[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788. No founder is on record arguing with this definition - many support it. Then there's Patrick Henry: "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.

Gen:27:3

I would suggest the ims tw foot pegs. I tried the inexpensive eBay pegs. They were priced right but I didn't like how they sat. I think the IMS pegs felt better and went right on. I also agree that a longer shifter is necessary.
    Welcome and have fun!

Thanks, love the links. Whats a Jimbo Sheild? Link has the order info. Working on learning how to navigate this site. The O ring chain, is that the link to the proper size? More info on the liz cooler. Seems the link was the bracket? Back to the link to review.
    Much appreciated all. Like you say, ride ride ride!

Senior Member old w/2 many guns & bikes's Avatar
    If you enlarge the picture and ignore the centerpiece - both t-dubs in the photo are sporting Jimbo Shields (small windscreens) above their headlight cowlings. Made by a member of this forum.

PA070002.JPG
    littletommy and LuvNot like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponosred Links