TW200 Heavy Duty Adjustable Chain Guide?
Close

Like Tree22Likes
  • 4 Post By JNS Engineering
  • 3 Post By Tweaker
  • 2 Post By Skin Walker
  • 4 Post By admiral
  • 5 Post By Fred
  • 4 Post By Dryden-Tdub

Thread: TW200 Heavy Duty Adjustable Chain Guide?

TW200 Heavy Duty Adjustable Chain Guide?

Hi folks. I've had a few TW200 riders ask me to manufacture a heavy duty adjustable chain guide similar to what I offer for the DR650 (photo below). Before I proceed with the project I wanted to gauge the interest level here and also ask what rear sprockets are most common/popular. If you have any input please post here or send me a PM.

Thank you,

John

JNS-Engineering-DR650-Chain-Guides.jpg
    Last edited by JNS Engineering; 03-18-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Premium Dual-Sport Accessories

If you build it they will buy it. Well you got the high speed guys(LOL) with 42 T, then a lot of stock at 50 T, then 55T is popular and it seems there are 60-65T on some.
    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper Bars one with risers, DG oval pipes. rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Aserbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, weld on foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

60T here...

65T on the other
    - SW

2006 TW
    1998 TW
    1996 TW
    1993 TW
    1985 BW200
    1987 B200E
    1979 Honda Z50
    ..and 1 Chihuahua

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JNS Engineering View Post
    Hi folks. I've had a few TW200 riders ask me to manufacture a heavy duty adjustable chain guide similar to what I offer for the DR650 (photo below). Before I proceed with the project I wanted to gauge the interest level here and also ask what rear sprockets are most common/popular. If you have any input please post here or send me a PM.

Thank you,

John

JNS-Engineering-DR650-Chain-Guides.jpg
    Just a thought as it might be easier to gather the numbers than it would be to sift through each reply. You could start or conduct a poll which I think would better way to see the answers to your questions.

Something like:

Interest in guide

Yes

No

What size sprocket do you use

(list some sizes)

To post or start a poll I think it is in the "additional options" section when starting a new post. I don't know if you can modify the post you started here but click on go advanced options or ask a mod. You might have to start a new thread in order to create the poll if you're not allowed in the edit function.
    Last edited by admiral; 03-19-2017 at 08:03 AM.

In The Sierras Test Riding New Fuel Additives for my Tortoise Wanderer
    I don't know....looks more sophisticated than anything else on the TW. Would hate to give my bike delusions of grandeur.
    Actually with a properly adjusted chain I have never experienced a chain derailment nor suspected excessive side-to-side play of the chain so close to the rear sprocket. What need is this guide addressing?
    Lights, Action, Traction....Let's Ride!
    2003 model year, jetted for mile high+ riding, Wiseco 68mm piston, Duro ATV rear tire, IRC GP-1 Trials front tire, XT-225 tank, Cyclerack, 2" handlebar risers, foot pegs, D-flex hand guards, right angle fuel filter, Seat Concepts kit over additional hi-density foam, fluorescent paint, Betty Boop stickers..and a lot of scratches!.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I don't know....looks more sophisticated than anything else on the TW. Would hate to give my bike delusions of grandeur.
    Actually with a properly adjusted chain I have never experienced a chain derailment nor suspected excessive side-to-side play of the chain so close to the rear sprocket. What need is this guide addressing?
    The need to spend money! We are all guilty of it to some degree or other.

Tom
    Never, in the history of mankind, have lives, less lived, been so well chronicled.

Sponosred Links