Tool tube install
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Tool tube install

Tool tube install

Had a few minutes to tinker in the shop the other day. Added the infamous tool tube. Mine is a manual canister that I took off of a piece of farm equipment before it got sheared off, two 1/2" insulated cable clamps, two 1/4" x 1" long bolts, 4 flat washers, and two 1/4" nuts. Mix thoroughly and - you get the idea. I'll put up a pic when back out at the shop. Have a good day.

I have a tube ready to install - waiting for your pics
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

I too bought a manual canister from a farm store. I got all the mounting hardware..Just need to install it all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    PVC pipe with a couple of ends and brackets also works well and costs almost nothing and looks/works like the expensive ones. Make sure it is long enough to hold 3 Charleston Chews and 3 JIS screwdrivers. Ride on. I am getting mine out this weekend even if I need studded snows to get down the driveway. MBW

pics or it didn't happen.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Oooo , I'm liking the direction of this thread , yes ,photos please AND of the PVC variety ( excellent idea , BTW).

The farm equipment tool tubes are almost nothing. At Agri Supply $5.49.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

tubes are rather inexpensive - shipping makes them expensive. I ordered 4 of the long ones - 2 of the short ones to get a break on shipping. Makes no sense but now I have spares ...

I finally bought a tool tube and am trying to figure out how to mount it so it doesn't swing under the frame. Photos of how you did this would be very helpful.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2011 Genuine Scooter Co Blur 220i - 1999 Yamaha TW200
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    The PVC tube is the first thing we did to my buddy Butch's bike. My friends are insane and only ride dirt bikes capable of jumping canyons and school buses. My TW was a laugh riot. I kept it in my garage hoping the guys I rode with would adopt a "Don't Ask-Don't Tell" policy...until a month later when my buddy asked me to help him find one. One of these days I will post a picture. We used my scrap steel lattice to bracket our side bags and used some more scrap to bracket the PVC pipe. I think we used L brackets to fasten. On one end we cemented a cap on it. On the other end we fitted a compression cap like the one from Pro Cycle. Not much to see or talk about. I will get a picture when I can. It looks like the one they sell at Pro Cycle. Holds Charleston Chews and JIS drivers like the one they sell at Pro Cycle. Living in a rural area, the steepest cost was the gas to get some hardware. Tractor Supply sells manual tubes also. You can get out of this job for $10.00 (paint/hardware/tube/cement/bracket/fastener). Once you are in the hardware store and have black paint anyway, pick up a 90 degree 3/4 copper fitting and press fit it to your exhaust. You will look tough and the pipe has an incredible scavenging effect. You can ride a wheelie all the way home from the hardware store if you do the job in the parking lot with quick dry paint.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 04-01-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links