TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

XT225 Tank

39K views 78 replies 25 participants last post by  Heli-Mech 
#1 ·
I just put a stock steel XT225 tank on my TDub, it went on pretty easy, looks good and gives me another half gallon of gas. 2.3 gallons ain't a lot, but it sure makes me feel better. I can't post pictures, but if someone can do it for me I'll e mail them to you.

#5 ·
so that would give you a 160-180 mile range, looks really clean! do you have risers on for it to clear?

#8 ·
According to the manual the TW tank holds 1.8 gal. including a .45 gallon reserve.

The XT225 tank holds 2.3 gal including a .53 gallon reserve. So I get more in the tank and a larger reserve, it's not a lot but it sure will be nice to have out there on the back roads.

I didn't do anything to the seat to get it to fit, just flexed it back on. I did trim the plastic on the left side to get to the petcock. The posts on the frame, that hold the front rubber puck tank mounts, needed 1/4 inch cut off on each side and I trimmed the stock pucks to be 1/4" thinner on each side. Other than that it bolted right up.

#14 ·
I posted on the ADV board flea market that I wanted one, bought two the next day, one for me and one for a friend. There may be more out there, I see them on Ebay too.

#16 ·
Ya need to try the left lean over to see how much extra you can get from the right side of the hump.

#19 ·
so after seeing your great results i took the same plunge! it was a bit scary cutting away part of the puck mounting brackets, but i figured what the heck. i used a hacksaw, and it was really easy, taking about a hour total.

thanks for the idea!

#23 ·
I welded the rack up in my shed. It's 11" front to back and 11" wide, made from scrounged material. PM your address and I'll send you some good pictures, It's pretty simple to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.