Luggage rack choices - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Luggage rack choices

The front cycle rack is great for tie downs in a trailer or hitch rack. Also good for lifting the front end of the bike. But for carrying things? Yeah not much.

I took the front and rear cycle racks off my bike when I bought it because they were just TOO big. The rear rack bars got in the way of my legs.
    My TW is HUNGRY!

'01 TW200, WPS Handguards, D2moto Foot Pegs, Jimbo's Cafe Fairing, Tusk Handle Bar Risers, Yamaha Rear Rack, 47 Tooth Rear, 3/16 Fuel Filter, Monsterbolts, Monsterbrace, HJC CL-14 Fuse, HJC ACX1, Cortech GX-AIR, RU Outside Teton Gloves

If you just have to have a front rack, something like this would work better for the headlight.

Ebay Dualsportracks

Not my listing just another idea.
    My TW is HUNGRY!

'01 TW200, WPS Handguards, D2moto Foot Pegs, Jimbo's Cafe Fairing, Tusk Handle Bar Risers, Yamaha Rear Rack, 47 Tooth Rear, 3/16 Fuel Filter, Monsterbolts, Monsterbrace, HJC CL-14 Fuse, HJC ACX1, Cortech GX-AIR, RU Outside Teton Gloves

Yeah Monster, that high rack looks like something you could actually put a bag on if you really, really needed the cargo room. After you've used every other square inch of the bike to hang bags from.

As far as holding the incidentals, I just ordered a Kriega Stash. The PO installed a crossbar on the handlebars. I guess that's what you'd call it. I'm new to this whole off-road thing. Anyway, the back of the Stash has a wide belt loop so I'll just lift one side of the crossbar and slide the Stash onto it. I won't keep any real valuables in it so it doesn't have to go with me when I get off the bike and it doesn't have to be 100% waterproof. I can spray it down with silicone so it'll be pretty darn resistant and that's good enough. I'll put the papers in a ziplock.

As far as the rear rack is concerned, I'm starting to lean toward the Cyclerack. The Medium Motofizz Seat Bag will fit well on it. If I go that route I'll probably go ahead and get the side bag supports. They're simple, relatively cheap, and very easy to mount and remove. (They may even fit on some other brands.) I may never need them but who knows...

I'm in no hurry. The mirrors and turn signals will come on the UPS truck tomorrow. I'm still not ready for the road.
    Youth is wasted on the young.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I purchased a borrego rack,how do you disconnect the signal wires to attach rack? do you have to cut bands to get to the connectors? mine are covered in a plastic tube,do you cut that to get at wires? thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripshod View Post
    ...As far as the rear rack is concerned, I'm starting to lean toward the Cyclerack...
    +1 on the Cyclerack. The rack stems bolting onto the rear peg mounts is what sold me. Loading up the rack weights the bike more like a passenger vs. the OEM rack. Much more stable handling.
    - 2004 TW200 - Jimbo's Shield - Ricochet plate - Cyclerack - SoftBottom pad - wide pegs - siderack for saddlebags - RotoPax - Maxxis 6006 tire

Really like the Cycle-Rack but since I already fabricated a set-up for my sidebags it seemed that I needed to build my own rack. It is designed to be 'quickly' removable, but all the connectors for my electronics really slow that process down. Here is what I moved toward (I have a wire welder). Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

I have the one from Yamaha. just the right size for me and I attached a tool box to carry things. But it came with the bike so not sure if I would have bought it. But I like it!

I have the cycle rack and really like it. It is well worth the money. In fact while moving up to alaska this summer our 2 place snowmobile trailer flipped on the cassiar highway through canada. I had the bike mounted between the snowgos and the cycle rack was holding the trailer up off both the sleds and basically not only saved the rear end of my bike but also the sleds. Cycle rack is the way to go.

I have the cycle rack and really like it. It is well worth the money. In fact while moving up to alaska this summer our 2 place snowmobile trailer flipped on the cassiar highway through canada. I had the bike mounted between the snowgos and the cycle rack was holding the trailer up off both the sleds and basically not only saved the rear end of my bike but also the sleds. Cycle rack is the way to go.

Hi, after much thought I'm about ready to order the rear Cycle Rack. The only thing holding me back is: it looks like the wide berth would make any unfortunate extra passenger suffer extreme pain in their legs. Don at Cycle Racks assured me this is not the case and that it actually makes a passenger feel more secure (I guess it gives him or her something to hang on to.

Anybody with any direct experience or opinions on this?

Thanks a lot - Richard

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links