The Evolution of My Bike
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Evolution of My Bike

Well i've had my bike for just about a year now, and i wanted to celebrate it's birthday by saying THANK YOU to this forum and all the great members and chopper charles! given the recent issues with the forum being hacked, i found myself without my T-Dub fix for a few days.... no fun!

Here's a quick rundown of how my bike has evolved since i got it:

i saw this bike when i previously bought a really clean ct90 off the po. i had no idea what it was, besides homely, and neglected. after mentioning it to a friend of mine he told me "oh those are the crazy things with the huge back wheel? those are bad ass!" after checking out the web i arrived at these warm shores....

a year later she emailed me and asked if i was interested in her other bike. i picked it up for $800 with 3400 miles on it. immediately i needed new plastic as the po's son had laid it down trying to "test drive" it, breaking the rear fender. the journey was on.....

in all it's rainbow warrior glory!

despite an appreciation for the vintage color scheme i knew it had to go...

started with white plastic THANKS RADUCCI!

note the safety gear!

homemade quick release seat bolts:

new turn signals and rattle canned the bark busters white, and then

gunna wash that red right outta my seat; got a black seat cover off the bay for $18

and then an xt225 tank. THANKS R80RT! http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/4492-xt225-tank/

there's a new and louder horn on there too.

Last edited by joeband; 12-29-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

speedo with trip odometer, THANKS JOSH!

new custom pegs! i'm working with a guy making these... he'll be selling them shortly. (THANKS LZRDBRTH for comments)

then the big push:

new black plastic (THANKS SHELLMONEY) high atv bars, shinko 244 front tire, stock rear tire, black fork boots, raised front fender with procycle bracket, grips, o-ring chain, front and rear brakes, new sprockets (14-50), and running10w-40 synthetic oil, gone too are the swing arm flames!

going slow and buying parts off the sales forum has helped keep the price down, but it's been a hit on the wallet...

i still have a 2008 shock to install (THANKS BROCK!), new bark busters, an xt225 brake lever and need a new skid plate and a rear rack (does it ever stop?!?) ... but i like how my t-dub has progressed and become my own. THANKS to all of you that have helped and gone on this ride with me.

RIDE ON!
    r80rt, tcepilot, Scotts and 1 others like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Great job!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Amazing transformation, Ya done good!!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Wow, that is quite a transformation. Lookin good. I like the XT tank with shroud. It blends really well with the raised front fender.

Sweet!

Looks great! Our bikes looked the same when we bought them!! I wasn't very hooked with the 1990's color scheme either..... Great job on your Tdub!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrbracket View Post
    Looks great! Our bikes looked the same when we bought them!! I wasn't very hooked with the 1990's color scheme either..... Great job on your Tdub!
    mr bracket,

you are right regarding the color scheme.... and appreciating it is definitely not the same as liking it. i wouldn't go back to corduroy bell bottoms either.

thanks for the good comments

Hidden Content

Nice work!

Interested in your brake lever idea. Are you refering to the rear arm?
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Nice work!

Interested in your brake lever idea. Are you refering to the rear arm?
    yes, i got one from an xt225 in transit. don't you have one on yours?

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links