TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

The Evolution of My Bike

19K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  joeband 
#1 · (Edited)
Well i've had my bike for just about a year now, and i wanted to celebrate it's birthday by saying THANK YOU to this forum and all the great members and chopper charles! given the recent issues with the forum being hacked, i found myself without my T-Dub fix for a few days.... no fun!

Here's a quick rundown of how my bike has evolved since i got it:

i saw this bike when i previously bought a really clean ct90 off the po. i had no idea what it was, besides homely, and neglected. after mentioning it to a friend of mine he told me "oh those are the crazy things with the huge back wheel? those are bad ass!" after checking out the web i arrived at these warm shores....

a year later she emailed me and asked if i was interested in her other bike. i picked it up for $800 with 3400 miles on it. immediately i needed new plastic as the po's son had laid it down trying to "test drive" it, breaking the rear fender. the journey was on.....

in all it's rainbow warrior glory!

despite an appreciation for the vintage color scheme i knew it had to go...

started with white plastic THANKS RADUCCI!

note the safety gear!

homemade quick release seat bolts:

new turn signals and rattle canned the bark busters white, and then

gunna wash that red right outta my seat; got a black seat cover off the bay for $18

and then an xt225 tank. THANKS R80RT! http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/4492-xt225-tank/

there's a new and louder horn on there too.

See less See more
#2 ·
speedo with trip odometer, THANKS JOSH!

new custom pegs! i'm working with a guy making these... he'll be selling them shortly. (THANKS LZRDBRTH for comments)

then the big push:

new black plastic (THANKS SHELLMONEY) high atv bars, shinko 244 front tire, stock rear tire, black fork boots, raised front fender with procycle bracket, grips, o-ring chain, front and rear brakes, new sprockets (14-50), and running10w-40 synthetic oil, gone too are the swing arm flames!

going slow and buying parts off the sales forum has helped keep the price down, but it's been a hit on the wallet...

i still have a 2008 shock to install (THANKS BROCK!), new bark busters, an xt225 brake lever and need a new skid plate and a rear rack (does it ever stop?!?) ... but i like how my t-dub has progressed and become my own. THANKS to all of you that have helped and gone on this ride with me.

RIDE ON!

#8 ·
mr bracket,

you are right regarding the color scheme.... and appreciating it is definitely not the same as liking it. i wouldn't go back to corduroy bell bottoms either.

thanks for the good comments

#9 ·
Nice work!

Interested in your brake lever idea. Are you refering to the rear arm?

#10 ·
yes, i got one from an xt225 in transit. don't you have one on yours?

#11 ·
Yep, just checking. I was kinda hoping you had stumbled onto a rear brake PEDAL setup That would fit and offer more leverage. The search goes on. My rear brake was all but useless with the big tire. The arm was a big help..

Interesting how the graphics "un-Smurfed" the blue frame.

#13 ·
i'd love to ride hollister some time, i haven't been there in 20 yrs.

#17 ·
The bike looks great!

When are you hoping to put the new shock on?

#19 ·
I was gonna ask if you still had the red seat cover until I remembered that I have a seat concepts seat!
Your bike is looking awesome! I have looked at those xt tanks and there are not many color choices or I would have picked one up by now. What is this talk of brake arms? I am intrigued.

#25 ·
Looking better by the photo. Looks great !! I envy you and the XT tank. Near perfect merge with the tank and the seat.

#26 ·
PSC: i got my xt225 brake arm on ebay. he wanted $25, and i offered to buy it shipped for $17. sold.

tirebiter: i'm glad the pic helped you make some of the seat bolts. i've put a 1000 miles with plenty of jumps and bumps and never hit them with the tire. i plan on JB welding them just to be sure they stay tight, but otherwise i've been 100% happy with them.

brock: thanks for the complements on the bike and the tank. i've been really happy with the upgrades and improvements i've made. i plan on swapping the front drum for disc and maybe the electrical harness from the 2006 i have... and i need to get your shock on too.... too many things.

#31 ·
give a guy 2" and he wants to take the whole (swing)arm....

#33 ·
2 isn't a magic number.

#34 ·
new mods to be posted very soon. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.